Help !? Noticed these marks on genital.. Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can somebody please give me insight as to what these two marks on my penis is!!? I did the herpes test about a week after sexual contact and came back negative. Also went to the urologist and she told me nothing to worry about. I am worried and scared as to what these are. Can somebody help me ? please....

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dear jovon,

Regarding the second photo, it looks like it could be molluscum contagiosum, a viral STD (Google). Take a close-up photo of your lesion and compare it with the published photo taken from DermnetNZ.

Does yours resemble this? Molluscums typically have a small pit (umbilication) in the centre which I've highlighted with arrows.

Rgds,

Adhari

• Posted

Adhari,

Hey thanks for the reply, i really appreciate it. In regards to Molluscums picture above , it can be but it is hard to really tell judging from the picture. Below i added photo that will show a closer look. i just hope it is now. Please let me know...

• Posted

Hi jovon,

The resolution of the latest photo is not much better; and you need better lighting. Use the macro facility on your smartphone if you have one and check its outline yourself- no need to re-post. If you have an old-fashioned magnifying glass, use that instead.

Molluscums are not dangerous and they will often clear spontaneously without treatment.

Adhari

• Posted

Adhari,

Okay. Thanks! I will definitely take your advice into consideration. Lets say i do contract Molluscums, should i retest for all other STI's? Even if i have been tested? I been thinking about it.

• Posted

If your last STD screening tests were > 3 months ago and you've been sexually active since with a different partner/s, then I would certainly recommend it.

• Posted

Adhari,

My last encounter was November 2019. Week; maybe 2 weeks afterwards i took the test for everything. So if i didnt have any intercourse afterwards it would not do me any justice to get a retest ?

• Posted

No, probably not necessary. Not sure where you live but in the UK, STD screening tests are free and can be posted to your home address if you apply online.

• Posted

Adhari,

Okay thanks! I was starting to worry of late symptoms! Yes i believe it is free down here as well to an extent. Thank you..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.