Help! Ovarian cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

live in constant discomfort and pain.due to a 7cm x 7cm cyst (that was last measured June 2017) My symptoms- bloating- feeling full- pain in right hand side of my groin which radiates down my leg- heartburn- feeling sick- bowels feel sluggish- holding in a pee can cause me pain- I've gained weight and feel extra spotty.

If I am extra active in a day my belly will sweal up and my lower abdomen and lower back will be in a lot of pain. If I push on my stomach it instantly hurts and I start to feel sick. Most days I just look like I'm pregnant which is very frustrating when people assume I am which is a kick in the teeth considering I can't even have children. I don't have sex anymore since it was to uncomftable and would make me super bloated afterwards. Which didn't just cause me pain and discomfort but also made my husband feel guilty. So Sex is non exsistant now. I'm pretty sure 34 year old women should be allowed to enjoy an active Sex life.

Since having my hysterectomy 2014 I feel it's completely debilitated my life. I regret having the surgery and wish I just let the cancer take me. I'm not just being physically affected but mentally affected. I absolutely hate my body and being alive generally.

When I was told I could have surgery the hope of possibly feeling better was relieving. Then the day before surgery it was cancelled. I was supposed to receive a call the next day to arrange an emergency appointment to discuss our options. That was March 14th 2017 it's now January 20th 2018.

I tried to call to no avail. I'm so sick of feeling like this. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to end it all. How do I fix this?

Thanks for taking the time to read

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunatley as far as I'm aware surgery is the only option to relieve symptoms long term. If you haven't heard back regarding your emergency appointment do chase it up. Good luck. 

• Posted

Im so sorry. I can relate too this sounds exactly what ive been thru. I cant tell you howto fix it. I just had my surgey 6 days ago. Im still hurting where the incision on my left side is. The 7cm cyst was on my rightside they had to also remove my right ovary and tube. It took almost a year from the day i found out at the er i had a 5cm cyst til now. I was in the same pain you described . i was just thinking the same thing when does this end. I hope you get help and better soon. Keep me up to date.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear all this. You need to go back to your GP asap I think. Are you in the UK? Primary care doctor if you're not. You may have to be re referred after all this time, sound's like something's gone amiss in the system to me! Make a Doc's appointment straight away and find out what went wrong with emergency appointment which never happened. Good luck, Poll X rolleyes

• Posted

Hey!

Firstly thank you for you replies. I'm happy to report that I saw my gyne last week. He was very Sympathic to my situation and fully agreed that a investigation is needed. So I'm having a laposcopy to look for the possible cause. With outcome of cyst removed and/or right ovary removed plus look for any scar adhesions and also to Check my bowels. He said that my right ovary could be fused to pelvic wall and may be causing the pain. He wasn't to concerned about my cyst ( if it's still there) but as I asked him would he like a 7cm cyst in his stomach. Ofc he said no 😂

But feeling a little better that someone has taken notice that I need help. And as I told him even if he is to tell me he can't find anything or its something that can't be fixed then that's fine , cause mentally I can move on.

So fingers crossed this happens sooner than later. And it actually happens cause atm it's just words.

Thanks again for your kind words smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.