Help! Ovarian cyst? Hormonal imbalance?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I am 19 years old and my last period was June 11-14. Before, my periods have always been regular, my cycle averaging every 26-30 days. I had normal PMS symptoms, but nothing crazy or unbearable. However, my last period was extremely painful causing me to vomit multiple times and I could barely walk I was in so much pain. The next month, I had a similar episode of abdominal pain and had to go to urgent care thinking it was my appendix or a bowel blockage. I was written off as "constipation." My naturopath doctor tested thyroid levels and food intolerances; my thyroid levels were found to be low. I have been on a thyroid supplement for 2 months and my levels are improving in the normal range. I take a daily probiotic and digestive enzymes to heal my gut and don't eat gluten, dairy, or eggs. However, since I lost my period I have been rapidly gaining weight (I am normally lean but have fluctuated 10-20 pounds in a span of three months despite having the best diet and exercise I've had in my entire life), and have recently had noticeable pelvic bloating, causing my lower stomach to look 5 months pregnant. This time, I have noticed brown discharge and little blood for the first time since June. I get tingling in my. legs and have back pain. It also now hurts to urinate, like something is pressing down on my bladder and I get frequent pangs in my pelvic area. I don't have terrible skin nor rapid hair growth, I just feel like I am so swollen ever since I lost my period. Each month, I feel like I have a flare up of extreme PMS but have no bleeding, and it gets worse. I had an ultrasound last week and waiting results from my gyno. I don't really know what is going on and would like to know if anyone has any insight or similar experiences. Thanks! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

To me it sounds like a cysts cause all of the Systoms that u are having i had the same thing but i only had the bloating and constipation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.