HELP! Ovary Cyst pain gets worsen with a light bleeding!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have a 10cm ovary cyst on my right side and my surgery is in 4 days. I can go to emergency if things get serious but the doctor I am booked will be back by 19th only. I really want to do the surgery with my doctor only so what are alternatives to ease the pain. Pain meds dont work that well anymore started from yesterday. I woke up this morning with an intense pain its freaking me out!!!! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know, I had to stop taking ibuprofen before the surgery so they gave my a prescription for hydrocodone.  But if pain meds aren't working I don't know. Can you call your doctor's  office and ask them (like his assistant or nurse practitioner) what they recommend? My doctor had an assistant that was awesome, she was very helpful, I've also had another doctor at the same office prescribe my medication when my doctor was performing surgeries and was busy.

• Posted

I had an appointment with the anaesthesia doctor and he said its fine to take. Pain is really really getting nasty. I have to wait. 4 more days! The nurses here aren't that helpful so no chance for me.

• Posted

I don't know what to tell u cause i had to deal with the pain for about a year before anything got done i delt with the pain i don't know how u are with pain but i had to deal with it what i did was tried to walk it off it helped me a little bit but i didn't do to much cause your body will tell u

• Posted

My pain was bearable till last week, I have no clue what triggered it. Its so scary that I am screaming on the bed. Takes time to get the painkillers to get effective. I am just counting the days. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.