Help overheating child no fever not sick

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I wasnt sure where to post this too. My 6 year old son seems to always be very hot, no matter the temp. The other night it was 9 degress and he only had on underwear but his skin was very hot to touch, I took his temp but all normal. It seems to be getting worse, its been dismissed by the GP as just one of those things, but I know that it isnt normal. I have family members always asking when they see him if hes sick ( after they have hugged him) Also 2 weeks ago he went to New Zealand to see the snow, and he was the same there, wanted to wear a T shirt and shorts. It may be nothing and it is such a non descript symptom but my instincts say 'not normal' I would be keen to hear from anyone who may shed some light or maybe something I can be armed with as I am going to see a different GP.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your son may be a child who just radiates heat build up a lot of energy does he run around a lot and is he eating? ..get his magnetic field checked..Some people are just like that ..I am and I give off energy in bucket loads never cold I also cant wear watches I drain the batteries. My temp is normal.. Try his temp in different areas with an old thermometer! anus would be 1% higher than 98.4F (37C).. (Axilla under the arm) !% lower.. under the tounge usual way..it good for you to be concerned and shows you are aware to your son condition.. he could become a healer in time people with this sort of heat radiation tend to be I am a form Staff Nurse but also a Reiki healer. Children can be very erratic with the heat levels and when toddlers are little are suceptable to febrile fits because of it..due to child illnesses.
  • Posted

Check his hormone levels. Maybe see an pediatric endocrine doctor
  • Posted

My friend's son is like this. We call him "Radiator Boy", as he is always giving off heat. He hates the summer cos, as you can imagine, he gets TOO hot, and in the winter he still has his bedroom window wide open.

Just the way he is, and if the Doc says he's ok, and you son says he feels ok, then nothing to worry about. smile

• Posted

Does his body get hot after he does physical activity or when warm weather? How is his sweating level? Does he have any other symptoms?
  • Posted

did you ever reach a verdict? I'm 21 and have had the same exact issue, and was completely dismissed by my GP, and I'm a little worried. This is one of the only links to come up in my many google searches that seems to describe me spot on as well (overheating, no fever though my temp is a little higher than normal, and I don't feel sick, but I'm overheating so badly I want to dive into snow with a bathing suit).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.