HELP panic attack now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I haven't had a panic attack in a while now but today I'm a bit tired (I have a 5 year old and 4 month year old and back at work) I just had a fag and I feel really tight chested and sick and panicky and a bit dizzy I need some reassurance please help x 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How long was it when you had your last fag?

When you don't have a fag for some time even six or eight hours it will make you dizzy.

I found this out when I left A and E. I had a fag and went so dizzy, back into a and e. Back out and same thing happened, it was the fag that caused it.

It was like Laurel and Hardy.. Out on feet back in chair....out on feet..back inside in chair

I remember it well.

I was ok after a couple of fags xx

• Posted

Hi Chick. It is just anxiety. Fags are a stimulant. The relaxing part of them is psychological. There is nothing wrong with you, just having a 'blip'. Remind yourself that anxiety cannot do you any harm anyway. It just feels uncomfortable. There is nothing wrong. You are OK. Then move on to doing something practical and useful and let it go. You will be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.