Help! Patel of the hip and no end in sight

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have had Osteomyelitis for two years now and it has me on crutches for two years. Here is a pic after the girdles tone. It’s crazy. Is this the end? Will I walk? Medicaid is a joke right now...... 

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You will walk again although you may feel slight discomfort in cold weather. I had it in my arm its gone 6 years now all i get is aching sensations in the cold

Just keep your chin up, i do not mean to patronise you i must add. Let me inow if you want to talk

• Posted

After 3 months of antibiotic infusion and extensive physical therapy I went from the hospital bed to the walker to the cane and now walking without any aid. When I do walk a distance it feels awkward but not painful something I'll have to live with probably. I never thought I would walk again either but you will be fine.

• Posted

spent 4 months in hospital had part of my hip bone taken out because the infection went into the bone. moSt painful thing ever don't wish it on anyone. left with a scar from above knee to hip and from my hip across my lower stomach. huge scars. it's been 4 years now and still on opioids daily. don't think it ever fully recovered

• Posted

Mia, My prayers are with you I usually go to Church every Saturday Evening, do not like getting out of bed on Sunday Morning so I will pray for you this evening.

Your email gave me the chills this morning since it will be one year this week I was admitted into the hospital for this horrible disease.

• Posted

Mike thank-you very much I am doing the same for you. sorry to hear that you also have the problem. After my operation on day 17 I tested positive to sepsis. My liver was starting to shut down and it was travelling to my heart. After I was getting pushed around in a panic I then woke up with Toxic Death Syndrome. I wasn't at all worried I didn't believe for 1 minute an infection would kill me because I have survived 2 strokes and left with no side effects. Also a ruptured Brain Anueysum and cervical cancer twice. so there was no way I believed an infection would kill me. I was 62kg when I went in and came out 45kg. After 4 months a priest walked in my room with the Bible and said hello and he knew I had been there for months. My God at that moment I thought I'm going to die. The pain I have never felt anything like it. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. you have to be strong minded I believe that's what got me through it all. Good luck I hope you don't have any problems.

• Posted

I also didn't mention I was on IV antibiotics in both arms non stop 24/7 plus 19 different antibiotic tablets. I had to stay on the antibiotics for 3 years. My system is showing the infection again now.

• Posted

Mia, What are the doctors telling you? Why is this happening?

• Posted

Mike, after all antibiotics I have a very weak immune system. Some days it's a struggle to wake up and get out of bed. Thank God for the medication called Modafinil. The wonder drug.

• Posted

Had muscle relaxers leftover from an old prescription, that helped to give me a good night's sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.