Help please??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been taking tablets since Tues - Watching what i eat limiting the fat, must be doing summat right as it hasnt affected my \"routine\" at all. Had no accidents everything normal in that dept. Im wondering if its working - i dont seem to have lost any weight. The only thing different is that i have terrible wind.

What am i doing wrong???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I have been taking the tablets as well since Tuesday. I have had no side effects at all apart from awful wind as well!!! I'm watching the fat I eat constantly and I wondered if the tablets were working to. I'm going to the Doctors to be weighed on Tuesday but did sneak on the scales this morning and it looks as if I've lost four lbs. I was worried about all the nasty side effects but so far so good. Hope it all goes well for you.
  • Posted

Hi there. I have been taking the tablets as well since Tuesday. I have had no side effects at all apart from awful wind as well!!! I'm watching the fat I eat constantly and I wondered if the tablets were working to. I'm going to the Doctors to be weighed on Tuesday but did sneak on the scales this morning and it looks as if I've lost four lbs. I was worried about all the nasty side effects but so far so good. Hope it all goes well for you.
  • Posted

Hi,

Just wanted to give you a tip I have found really helpful.

I started my blues this wed and have lost 4 kilos ( nearly half a stone)!

Have had no nasty side effects so thought they were not working.

I have followed the nothing over 5g per 100g rule and no meal over 15g of fat, but I have also not ate any food that is higher than 5g of sugar as well.

Hubby who has also eaten the same as me has lost half a stone as well and he is not taking the tablets!

So, do I need to take the tablets?

Also, a question to anyone who can answer, it says that you do not need to take the tablet if there is no fat in your meal. Does that mean food which is under 5g Fat or no fat at all?

Good luck to you all!

:lol:

• Posted

Hi Sasx,

Most people continue to take the tablets as a deterrent to eating fatty food, but if you can do it without then maybe you are stronger than some of us, it would really be down to you and maybe your GP to decide that, also just to let you know that 4 kilos is 8.8lbs so is over 1/2 stone and almost 9lbs - you have done really well.

I take 3 tablets everyday even if I only have porridge in a morning, and so far with a break of 2 months I've lost nearly 2 stone since last June.

I have heard of people who are told by the dr to only take 1 a day, and I suppose if you are buying the Alli then that may be a good idea.

I'm happy ot loose my weight slowly as I don't want it to go back on when I stop taking the tablets, so I'm happy with a loss of 4lbs a month, as long as it goes off and not on I'm happy, I always think if each 1/2 lbs as a packet of butter and try and imagine that pile getting bigger and bigger.

Anyway hope I've help somewhat in your dilemma.

Keep up the good work :wink:

Jane

• Posted

Hi Jane,

Many thanks for your message, I cannot believe it is nearly 9lb! That will keep my motivation going. Am wavering a bit tonight.

I have a huge five stone to lose, so perhaps it will slow down after this week.

You are doing so well too, and I agree that if it comes off too quick it can go back on even quicker!

I don't think I could keep this up without the tablets. They feel like a safety net.

I have not had my weekly treat yet as I cant decide what to have, it has got to be something really special but small!

Keep up the good work!

:lol:

Sasx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.