Help please!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have no idea what's going on.. I was depersonalized all day Thursday, then didn't get any sleep Thursday night because I got a phone call saying a family member died.. I was super tired and anxious yesterday and now today I feel like I'm losing my mind... it's SO HORRIBLE. I can barely eat, my stomach hurts, I don't feel real, I'm so scared right now. I feel like I'm going to die. I tried taking a shower, I can't see straight, everything is scaring me.. my girlfriend thinks I'm just having bad anxiety but I don't know.. I'm scared to close my eyes and try to sleep. What can I do?! I'm scared that I'm going to die... but at the same time I feel really weird. Ahhh help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel. It's awful and just makes you feel like you're in danger. But you're not going mad and you're not going to die either. Have you got any medication that will help you through this difficult time? If not your girlfriend is there and she clearly cares, try talking things through with her. You've had a bereavement so that's likely to be an anxiety trigger, especially if you were anxious already.
    • Posted

I have ativan but I'm scared to take them.. I know they work but I'm so scared because I'm nervous about being depressed and I know that it could make it worse. I tried lexapro but I couldn't eat, sleep, and got headaches when I was on that. The docs think that it's just the Labynithitis and it'll be better after I do physical therapy because it's uncompensated. I'm super nervous about everything. My brain is just going insane. I can't remember anything it's scary.
    • Posted

The remembering things thing is the depersonalisation. It's awful! I cam understand your fear of taking them. As someone whos suffered from depression, I would have try to avoid using them but they can only cause that after long term use. Is it worth going back to your doctor and trying something like diazepam? Or even herbal things like Kalms and rescue remedy?
    • Posted

I have valuim as well to try but I'm extremely nervous to try those too.. all in all.everything has been scaring me. Not sure what to do.
  • Posted

Hi, so sorry to hear youfeel so terrible...if it,s any consolation i feel absolutely terrified too, you mentioned labyrinthitis? my ears have been semi blocked for 3 weeks now an i,m so scared..
  • Posted

Look up mindful breathing and learn it and do it as much as you can. It is so debilitating to be filled with fear. You are not alone but i know you feel that way. i can totally relate to this iverwhelming feeling. I wish i had the magic answer. Life is a challenge

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.