Help please.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was taking 7 mg diazepam and was cold turkeyed four months ago, I`ve been bed ridden with just about every symptom of wd. So today I phoned my doctor for help, he`s agreed to reinstate the diazepam starting at 2mg x twice a day and up to 6 mg if needed.

I`ve looked everywhere on the internet and all say this is not a good idea, that I need to hold on longer. 

I have NO life right now and I`m desperate.

Has anyone done this and if so did it work?  

My plan was to stabalize and then begin reducing again much slower but now I`m not sure?

Any help would be so welcome.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Go online to Facebook, search benzo withdrawal support group. You should find many support groups. Join them, and you will find so many people who are going through the same thing. It really helps. It helps me. You are not alone. Plus, it‘s private. People will give you suggestions, support, etc... what you are describing is normal. Time will be the cure. It is very hard, don't give up.

Distract yourself with T.V., anything that you like. If all you can do is lie down. That's fine. Be very kind to yourself. Blessings to you.

• Posted

How are you feeling james?

You are correct it can take up to a year for these withdrawls, remember you were on them for 10 years its going to take alot of time for them to be out of your system.

You have come so far and doing so well.

Hope you got some magnesium to help you.

I think you can do it mate. Feeding yourself them tablets is just giving your body what it wants. Time, time, time mate.

All the best

• Posted

Hello ashllee

I found a phone number for a group who help and they told me it can take yrs to get over this. I looked on benzobuddies and some people get better quicker than that so don`t know what to believe. I had a horrible nightmaer last night and today I hurt a lot. the sick feeling is a bit better today. I decided to carry on and not take anymore pills. thank you for your kindness.

• Posted

Hi James - re your last post, any support group organisation names/numbers would be great to receive & really hope all's ok with you. 
  • Posted

You need  to google the "Ashton Manual" very important,all your questions answered there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.