help please :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all.

I have had discomfort under my left rib for a while now. Been to doc who seems unconcerned. However, past few days the pain is really bad and is radiating to my left shoulder blade, and left lower back. Today, I have had mucus in my stool along with blood. I had a bad case of the runs today also and have stomach cramps. I have had a colonoscopy a couple of months back (for rectaal bleeding) and it came back clear. I would also like to point out that I cannot seem to lose weight, and it feels like I am constantly bloated

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a test for h pylori? Do you have haemorroids or fissures which can cause bleeding?  Has IBS been mentioned?
    • Posted

No I havent had a test for that. I do have piles yes - I haven't had any bother with them since August which is good as they were bleeding terribly - like a bloodbath. No IBS has not been mentioned

• Posted

I would get tested for h pylori and keep a food diary to check for food intolerance.  Ask also about IBS.  Diarrhoea, stomach pain, mucus in your stool and bloating are IBS symptoms.  However, orher causes will need ruling out first.
  • Posted

I have the exact same symptoms. Been seen by all docs, nothing found. Digestive issues too. Do you have them? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.