Help Please!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my name is Emily, and even though I've had HS for 4+ years, I've recently been diagnosed with it. They develop in the bikini area which causes severe pain. I was told to eat healthier by cutting out dairy products, nightshades, pizza, donuts, ice cream, etc. Everything that I love to treat myself to is now something I can't even look at without thinking "I can't eat that anymore." Anyway, this is a lot to take in at once, and I need help understanding what types of sugars I can have so I can at least make some desserts myself without having to feel guilty about it. I know I'm able to have honey but can I have maple syrup or coconut sugar? If anyone has answers to these questions, please respond!!! It would mean so much. Thanks for reading if you've gotten this farsmile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello emily3100, sorry you are going through this! I have had HS for about 10 plus years and know what you are going through. I would say you need to do an elimination diet. Contact your dr (or look online lol) on how that is done. This is what I did and it proved food was not my trigger. For many it is and for many it is not. My triggers are heat/sweat and stress. Other times it likes to pop up just for the fun of it. Right now I have a 3'x1' in my left armpit brewing and it is gonna be nasty sad. Once you find your trigger hopefully you will get some relief!!! I would keep a journal of dates and foods. Also note ANY flares and what you ate and what you did or transpired on that day. Wishing you the best and look forward to hearing from you again smile

• Posted

I'm truly sorry that you've had it for so many years! I just wanted to update you and tell you that I've been doing the elimination diet and it's working so far! I cut out dairy and processed sugars and I have more energy, I'm happier, and HS isn't popping up or causing me pain! I still have to give it about six weeks to really know if it was the dairy and processed sugars, but so far, it's going great! Thank you for the advice. If you'd like, I can give you updates, but if not, I would understandsmile

• Posted

Dear emily, I AM THRILLED FOR YOU! This is wonderful news!!! Please please keep me updatedsmile
  • Posted

His Emily sorry you're going threw this.I would get an allergie test done and check if you lack any vitamin and minerals. My daughter did this and found that she was dairy intolerant and magnesium deficiency. So that helped a lot .good luck.

• Posted

Thank you for the advice! I'll ask my mom to see if she'll make the appointment.

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but the good news is that now you can do something about it. You really need to find your triggers. For starters  take the IGE test and do an elimination diet, but regardless of what the test shows, you should stop using:...."processed sugar and avoid stress".....  I  am allergic to gluten and eggs and It is a battle every day. I am finding alternatives for all the things I like. Just google "alternatives for whatever you find are your triggers". Actually, a little honey and gluten free products  taste pretty good. I wish the best for you Emily.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the advice! I cut out dairy and processed sugar so far, and it's going really well (even though it's only been a couple of days). The boils have gone down, and there's no pain at the moment! Another trigger of mine might be stress as well, but that's something that I'll have to deal with. Again, thanks for the help and support!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.