Help please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Probably 3-5days before I got this, I had been worrying about money issues for my holiday.

Tuesday night I went to sleep and was fine, about 3-4am I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach. it was a sharp pain, like I had pulled something or I wanted the toilet to relief it but couldnt go, I put this down to having mac n cheese for my dinner, shephards pie topped with cheese and then cheese on toast for supper. When I got up and walked for a little while I would throw up. I couldnt keep anything down really.

The doctor came out and checked me, pressed my stomach, which hurt, but not enough to make me wail in pain. pressed down all over my stomach area and he pressed down just above my belly button and that was the worst part and he said it was tender. He prescribed me Lansoprazole, 1 to be taken twice a day, and just let it dissolve, cause at the time I couldnt keep anything down for long. I believe he called it gastroenteritis and my mum said he said it was gastroenteritis, but I have anxiety and am worrying a little about it. Mainly because I am going away in a weeks time.

The day after I woke up and the pain had dulled quite a lot, I had a slice of toast, drank more water throughout the day, dinner time I had soup and at tea I had some pasta. I had started to get a headache throughout the day as well. That was down to having text neck and didnt help with sleeping with my head bent, plus i was tired. Around 10 I threw up, I am putting this down to a headache, sitting up and moving. However, in the day I did manage to go for a number 2, it was slighty harder than normal and had muscus on it.

Third day, I wasnt sick and manage to pass water and go for a number 2 twice, still hardish but I wasnt sick. Other than a little pain at the top of my stomach area and a little tension headache at the back of my head I was fine. I dont know whether the pain in the stomach was down to being sick, as on the first day I hadnt got anything in my stomach so was pretty much forcing anything up.  Or was still down to the infection. I ate a slice of toast, some arrowroot biscuits, soup, plain rice and a hot n spicy battered chicken cob, throughout the day I mustve drank about 6 cups of tea and at least 4 pints of water as well and felt better than the previous days.

I noticed on the second day I was passing more gas as well. 

Today, the pain is roughly the same as yesterday, just a very dull ache. I have had a poached egg on toast with some grilled bacon, and havent been sick. Sometimes I feel like I has trapped gas. I am going to have some fish and rice for my tea and im going to have some lucozade, at the moment i am starting to feel slightly hungry. I have been to the loo today, about 3 times for #1 and once for the other. The consistency is roughly back to the same as normal, a little mucus and some light and dark brown colours.

I have still got a bad taste in my mouth, it tastes of like nothing but it isnt very nice, what is that down to?

HOw long will it be until I am 100% fine as I am going away in a week?

is it Gastroenteritis? I know for deffo the dr said its a stomach virus and began with G and said should feel better in the next few days.

Also would Yakult help?

When should i go back to the drs?

I think I am worrying about if I am better in time for my holiday or if it is anything worse which wont help.

0 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

• Posted

Eat very bland foods and small amounts. Keep your fluids up. If you can't tolerate solids, try small sips of milk which is gentle on the stomach. Gastroenteritis includes diarrhoea as well which you don't seem to have.  It sounds more like gastric flu which is more stomach related.  These bugs are common and do go away.  All you can do is to wait it out and not worry.  I am surprised you were given a PPI for a simple stomach infection.  All this medication will do is decrease acid; it won't clear the infection. Your stomach will still feel sore after the vomiting.

• Posted

Thank you for replying 

I am worried more to see if i am going to be better in time gor my holiday.

I have been eating bland foods. I have been drinking more as well. I guessed the top of my stomach may feel off due to throwing up multiple times a day.

How long until I am better?

• Posted

The best thing you can do is not to worry.  Worry can irritate your gut.  Try to relax and get plenty of rest to help you recover from your infection.  Take one day at a time. I don't know how long it will take to feel better.  Everyone is different; bugs don't stick rigidly to a time frame.

I had a bad reaction to antibiotics and was also recovering from gastric flu a  few years ago.  It happened before going on holiday.  All I could do was to eat very blandly and at times I could only take small sips of milk en route to Italy. I was really off my food.  I did not worry and just waited it out until the stomach reaction eventually passed.

• Posted

I haven't been sick since 10pm thurs, and i would argue that time was more down to the headache, as throughout the day i ate toast, arrowroot biscuits and soup and kept that down. For tea i did eat pasta and threw some of it back up at 10pm.

Friday, i had toast, arrowroot biscuits, soup, rice, hot and spicy battered chicken, a cob and a turkey, cucumber cob. And kept that down. Today I have had toast, grilled bacon, poached egg, arrowroot biscuits, rice and battered fish. And feel fine.

I have drank tea with milk in water for the past few days and today and i have had the same and ive had a whiskey glass of lucozade ( i am only sipping that)

I know worry can make things worse. I have anxiety and depression so that doesn't help with this. The first time i went away on holiday for the first time, i wasnt very well. Second time was fine. So want to  be well for this one as well.

Atm i feel full and bloated, like i want to go to the toilet but dont want to.

• Posted

What do you mean that time was more down to the headache? I don't quite understand.  Are you taking anything for your anxiety and depression?

• Posted

Yes i am. Sometimes when I get a headache, not often,  but sometimes I do feel a little sick. 

I felt  tired, headache, dizzy and sat up too quick. And was sick a few mins later. Had a good nights sleep and didnt have a headache.

I just feel like when i was sick on Thursday was more headache causing than anything as i kept everything down throughout the day and since then.

• Posted

Sounds like you are getting better; take care.
    • Posted

Thanks. I think when the "pain" in my stomach as gone or dilled even more i will be happier.

But i think that could be just down to throwing up and pullling the muscles 

• Posted

Vomiting can cause stomach pain from retching but it will calm down.
    • Posted

Thats what im guessing it is. As with new flavour food ive added and lucozade ive had no problems 
    • Posted

The symptoms you are getting are all from the after effects of the bug you had.  Everyone gets this after a stomach upset.  This is very normal.
    • Posted

Normally I wouldn't be bothered at all,  but,  im going away on sat so want to be well for that.

• Posted

Just want to be better now. so I can enjoy and relax on my holiday. This coming week I will try even more foods, at the moment other that the hot n spicy chicked, grilled bacon and battered fish the rest of the food I have ate has been bland. On Wednesday, if I am feeling up to it, I will have a breakfast from Morrisons as I have a free breakfast coupon. so that will be a big test. 

• Posted

The tablets are horrible though lol. Just took my 7th, they seem alot worse tasting in the evening. Lol 

• Posted

Tablets? Do you mean your anxiety meds or the PPIs your doctor gave you?
    • Posted

The ones for this. 

Pain at the top of the stomach has eased, a little on the right side of the stomach still. But thats it.

• Posted

I do hope so. 

Today, I am going to have a proper Sunday dinner, but just smaller portions to what I normally have. I can feel where the pain is now, and it is  on the right side, just a dull ache, and that is where the exit to the stomach is. 

I have a 28 day course of tablets for this. How long do you think I should take them for? I am in two minds whether to go back to the drs sometime his week, just for a check up really. 

• Posted

The PPI medication is really only for heartburn and is designed to get rid of acid.  I have never heard of it being given for a stomach bug.  Since you have started to eat normally, this will soak up any residual acid from the vomiting. If the course is for 28 days, that's how long you should take them for.  This instruction will be on your medicine box.

The pain you have is likely from pulled muscles after vomiting and will go away on its own like any strained muscle.  You may have pulled your right side more than your left. A PPI will not help this sort of pain; painkillers are more likely to help.  When I have had vomiting bugs , however, I tend just to wait the post vomiting pain out and don't take anything for it. Sometimes this is better because you avoid medicattion side effects. PPIs only help if the pain is caused by indigestion. Since you are feeling better, it might be worthwhile asking your doctor if you really need this medication.

• Posted

I have drank about 2 cups of tea and I am about half way through a 3rd pint of water, and I have been to the toilet more to pass water today due to this and the colour is a very pale yellow, more clear than anything. 

I am thinking about going to the drs again mid- late week to see my normal doctor, just to see what she says and if I can come off or just reduce the dosage down to one a day. 

• Posted

You may be over hydrating.  3 pints of water is a lot.   I don't drink much water and I feel fine.  I would feel sick and bloated if I drank that much liquid. Just eat and drink normally.  Your urine will be clear if you taking that much water and it will make you run to the loo a lot. Remember, your stomach has been through a lot, so go easy on fluids. One small glass a day is plenty. Too much fluid can make you bloated and so can PPIs.  Since you are feeling better, you could probably just come off them. I know they say you should come off them slowly to avoid acid rebound.  However, if you didn't have acid in the first place, you may not have any rebound. I came off PPIs cold turkey without seeing my doctor and I felt fine.   If you come off them on your own but feel worse, you can always go back on them.  It is perfectly Ok to come off PPIs without seeing your doctor. You have only had a stomach bug which you have recovered from.   It may be better to let your stomach recover naturally without medication which can cause side effects.

• Posted

I will probably slow down on the fluids tomorrow. 

I did have stomach pain, which was sharp, but felt easier with my knees pulled upwards and not laying flat.  But after taking 1 tablet at night and sleeping the pain had decreased a hell of a lot. But I dont know if it was the tablet or not, I did have some medicine throughout the day as well as over the counter anti acids and that did not help at all. I have had the anti acid tablets (over the counter ones) if I remember correctly, my stomach was feeling bubbly and had pain. And this time my stomach didnt feel bubbly.

I have decided to go down to the drs tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment with my normal doctor sometime this week just to talk about it and see if she thinks its ok to come off them. Plus it will put my mind at rest for next week. 

Normally I would just start coming off them on my own, but as I am going away next week I dont want to be ill for then.

As for today, I have ate breakfast, poached egg, toast, grilled bacon and hash browns. A few biscuits throughout the day and a roast dinner, pork, carrots, gravy, broccoli, potatoes, stuffing and a little crackling. Felt fine after both. think I have drank 4 pints of water plus at least 4 cups of tea. 

• Posted

The amount of water you were taking may also have contributed to your stomach pain because it overloaded your stomach. Definitely I would stop taking that amount of fluid. Your stomach will recover on its own.
    • Posted

Only been drinking alot more since friday to get mu fluids up. 

Today is the first time that my stomach has made any noises since Tuesday.

Still going to see if i can get an appointment though 

• Posted

Had 2 slices of toast and a cup of tea so far. Been to the drs, couldn't get in to see my dr. But the dr who came out to see is going to give me a call on Wednesday morning. 

Didnt want to see him because, even though he is a very good doctor, he is always behind and it is quite a way behind. Last Wednesday, i think morning surgery finishes between 12.30 and 1, he wasnt finished at 2.

• Posted

Although seeing your own doctor is preferrable, it doesn't matter who you see in the end because you don't have anything complicated to be diagnosed.  You had a simple stomach bug which you have recovered from and you are now eating normally.  Any doctor will be able to advise and reassure you.  This is all you need.

My doctor does a lot of other things away from my surgery so he can be difficult to get a hold of. However, I am happy to see any doctor at short notice if need be. Remember your notes will be on the computer which any doctor in your surgery can access and follow up.

• Posted

All the normal appointments are filled for the entire week, the receptionist did say I couldve had a special appointment, but as I am feeling better than when I started, I thought better not, as there will probably be worse sick people that needs to see the drs,and did say about the phone call, so just went with that with the same dr I saw last week. and if he wants to see me, then he can get me in. 

Only things now are, a little pain on the lower right side of my stomach, and a little top centre, but that is the entrance and exit so probably pulled something being sick, it as eased. Other thing is, feeling like I dont want to eat, even when I know I should and still got the horrible metallic like taste in my mouth. The last 2 I have put down to the medication. Plus the feeling full, is probably from the infection as well.

Had grilled bacon and a fried egg for dinner, just to try it out, and felt fine, still feel fine 3 hours later. Just drinking some lucozade at the moment. Managed to go to the toilet twice today. My stomach did feel a little bubbly before going and felt fine after. 

So at the moment, feeling like I dont want anything to eat, a little dull ache in my stomach and horrible taste in mouth. 

• Posted

This is very normal and will go away.  Try not to worry because it won't help your stomach which can be sensitive to anxiety and stress.  Try distraction techniques such as thinking positively about your holiday, forget about trying to see your doctor and calmly do all the things you usually do and enjoy. Your doctor will not be able to help you much because you are now feeling better.  Don't stress about the types of food you eating or the fact you have a low appetite.  Concentrating on your illness can end up making you feel more ill than you were to start with.  I have a chest infection and I have low energy and appetite.  I also have a pulled shoulder which I have had for weeks.  However, I am continuing my life as normal and not letting these things bother me because I know they will go away.  This is the only way to deal with these things. You have to wait these things out.

• Posted

Like I have said normally, I wouldnt bother, but I know I am worrying because of my holiday, and want to enjoy it because I have been looking forward to it. 

The first holiday I went on without my parents, I was ill, I had a terrible headache the entire week, and wasnt feeling good at all.

Then went for the second holiday last year to the same spot and was brilliant. Went to the Lake District, surprisingly it only rained twice, both at night, one was late at night and the other was about 7 and we wasnt planning on going out that night, the other evenings we were in the different pubs trying the different ales. Throughout the days we went to 2 different cities and the rest of the time we went for walks around. We went mid Sept, and it was warm, just walking around without coats and jumpers. Was funny though on the Saturday leaving as you could feel the change in the weather. 

I think due to the first holiday I am worrying it will be more like that than the second holiday. And that is why I am worrying. This week I will try things I know I will have next week. I know one day we are going to Whitby, so you have got to fish n chips there. lol

• Posted

The key to all this is your intense anxiety.  The first time you were away, you were probably lll with a stress headache because you were tense about being away without your parents.  Just because this happened once, doesn't mean that it will happen like this again.  You said yourself that your second holiday was great which proves this point. Try concentrating on the holiday that went well rather than on the one that went badly for you. Positive thoughts help raise your mood, gives you more energy and zest for life and boosts your immune system.

I have had holidays where I have had a bug but that didn't stop me enjoying myself once I was better. Neither did it stop me from enjoying future holidays.  Anyone can get sick on holiday; that's just part of life.   I had an IBS diarrhoea attack on holiday this July.  I simply took medication to control it and continued to enjoy swimming, sunbathing and walks on the beach, even walks of a mile and a half.  However, I am not worrying about this happening again when I go back to Italy in November.  If my  IBS flares up, my medication will successfully treat it.

If  you continue to worry like this, you will run your immune system down and you will be more prone to getting ill and it will make it more likely that you will get unwell on holiday.

I suffer from bouts of anxiety and I used to be a lot worse when I was younger due to Aspergers.  The cummulation of this damaged my upper digestive tract and then my lower digestive tract leading to stress related IBS.  I now find that even the slighest stress can give me terrible stomach pain or even diarrhoea.  So I have to be very careful to avoid as much stress as I can.

If you get to see your doctor, you should have a chat with him/her about your anxiety because this is the real problem here; not your stomach bug. Your doctor will be able to arrange help for you such as CBT or counselling sessions where you will be given coping strategies to help you manage your anxiety.  Guided meditation or relaxation therapy may be of use. The medication you are on for anxiety and depression doesn't appear to be helping much.  Try to think about things logically.

• Posted

The headache was down to sinus issues. . . Nothing was working until I sprayed too much (By accident) nose spray up one day and it started clearing.

Thats true, I know as soon as we head off Ill be fine, I know last year, when we arrived in the lake district I had an anxiety attack, I think it was like "What the hell are we going to do in the day" but I said what should we do during the day if we are not going on walks, just talked about what we was going to do and I felt better.

I find if I talk about my feeling of worry it helps. The tablets do work, I think the problem is I am determined and Want to have a good holiday, instead of just relaxing about and see what happens.

So my mind is going into overdrive, like what happens if I am in pain? What happens if I throw up? What if? ETC But I am going to try and not think like that, I am going to try some of the food we are going to have next week to see if it upsets my stomach. So far, what I have eaten hasnt. 

Other than the phone call, I wont bother going to see my doctor. At least on the phone call I can talk to him and ask questions and he can reasure me. Plus I can ask about possibly lowering the dosage of the medications 

• Posted

Since you have got over your bug, you should be able to eat what you want.  If nothing is upsetting your stomach now, I can't see why any new foods should cause you problems.  Once again, try to think positively. Enjoy your food without worrying beforehand about whether it will upset your stomach or not. The only people who need to be concerned about what they eat are those with digestive disorders like IBS (if it affects them that way), celiac and gastritis, etc. You don't have these conditions so you have nothing to worry about.

Just go with the flow and enjoy your holiday and forget about everything else. Your determination is causing you to get anxious; this is not a good premise to start from.

I still think when you speak to your doctor that you should ask for some counselling or CBT.  You need more help to control your anxiety because it is clearly affecting your quality of life. CBT helps you to retrain your brain to think positively rather than negatively.

• Posted

Hi, I will probably look into CBT when I get back off my holiday. 

Just ate diner, pie chips and gravy (Oven chips) and still drinking lucozade, still on second Whiskey glass size though smile

Would Yakult help? I am going to head to the shop to get some.

Think I am a little conerned about what I eat incase the pain comes back.,

• Posted

Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining.  However, you had a simple stomach bug which you have recovered from.  So once again, stop worrying.

Between now and going on holiday, try to enjoy your food without stressing about what you have eaten, how much you ate and the type of food you are having.  Stop worrying about eating a certain food in case the pain comes back. Simply eat what you want to eat. I don't know whether Yakult will help or not.  The best thing is to try it.  It is a type of probiotic yoghurt which  

is unlikely to do you harm.

Your pain was the result of pulled muscles after vomiting. The pain will go away even if it takes time.  This is completely normal after a vomiting bug.  The pain will NOT come back. Keep telling yourself that.

I vomited briefly on holiday and pulled muscles.  The pain cleared up and I DID NOT worry about it ever again.  Please start to think POSITiVELY.

• Posted

Oh right, I take it with Gastritis you would have more stabbing pain for longer period of time then.

I have ad a word with my mum saysing my biggest problem is wanting to be 100% and worrying about if im not.

I have nipped to the shop for some Yakult, never know if they will help.

I finished off the Lucozade in the glass and had abit of cola, did make me feel a little bubbly but that expected plus gave me a little wind smile

I think if the pain went away 100% I would feel a little better. Plus on Wednesday the dr will phone up so can have a chat about the symptoms.

I m going to try and not think about it, I have set up a video game I like to play so will play that tomorrow. 

What does CbT involve? I will have to look into it.

• Posted

Hi

I have managed to get to see my normal doctor, I looked online and saw that there was an appointment open for Thursday so I took. Id sooner see someone face to face rather than on the phone. 

Plus it is my normal doctor who I see, and I can ask her about CBT. She is the one I went to see when my depression and anxiety started a few years back, and I try and see her each time I go with a problem.

• Posted

Today, woke up with the same pain as yesterday and where the sharp pain was last week, that felt cold, but that has gone off now. I probably irritated it a little by drinking  lucozade and cola close together, and just having tea before that.

My plan today is to go for a walk around my local park, on way back call in at the drs to cancel the call tomorrow, and then try and keep my mind busy on something else. Probably after tea go for another walk.

• Posted

You are doing the right thing trying distraction techniques because this will make you feel better.  With CBT, you discuss your negative thoughts and you are taught to change them to more positive ones.
    • Posted

As soon as I go to the toilet, I start to be in less pain. Do you think that is down to throwing up last week/infection? 

I take it with Gastritis you would have more stabbing pain for longer period of time then.

I have my Yakult today, I have it at dinner time.  Down side is you dont seem to have enough, I really like that. 

Today I have some fruit and fiber cereal, a packet of doritos and a cob so far. We are having pasta today. My mum fried the bacon so I tried two pieces of that and nothing. 

I called in at the drs to cancel the phone call as well. Im going for another walk later, this time its to more discuss about the holiday instead of going on my own. 

• Posted

I think you should try to forget about your stomach and the pulled muscle pain. The more you concentrate on your pain, the more you will feel the pain. You had an infection which has cleared up. When you have had an infection, it can take time for your stomach to get back to normal.  This is 100% normal for a simple infection.

It is only been a week since you had the bug. You are already eating normally and nothing is irritating your stomach. You have nothing to worry about. This is a very positive thing for you. There is no reason to be negative.

Gastritis is not an infection; it is inflammation of your stomach lining which can be caused by constant anxiety and stress. Certain foods can irritate gastritis but you are having no food reactions. Worry is very corrosive on the intestine.  Try to learn to relax. A positive mindset will help you to feel better.

When your bowel is full, sometimes you can get mild stomach pain. This is normal and goes away once you have passed a stool. Everyone with normal health feels better when they have emptied their bladder or bowel.

However, I think you are caught in a vicious cycle of anxiety and no amount of explaining is satisfying you. You will need to speak to your doctor about this. I suspect she will give you the same explanations as I have done but in the end you will have to accept and trust what she says in order to feel better.

• Posted

I said to my mum whilst eating tea, I think I am thinking about if this will cause pain or make me sick again, if I have something to eat that I havent had since being ill. Which is kinda weird as other than a cob I had at dinner, everything I have ate to day has been new since being ill. and for the other 2 meals I did not feel worried. 

After eating roughly half of my tea, where the sharp pain was that started to hurt the tiny bit, but that is where the pain was coming from before and is the entrance to the stomach which has probably been pulled due to being sick. 

Im trying to come up with sensible reasons why, instead of going off the deep end and thinking the worst.

I read that Gastritis can be irritaed by spicy food. On Friday, I had a hot n spicy Chicken breast, and that didnt cause anything other than the pain from above. And even that doesnt last long, maybe 30-1hour

In myself, other than the stomach, I feel fine. The worst thing it can do is make me not have some foods or drink on holiday. Just down to not wanting to risk it. 

Its kinda silly as well, as I have been sick before, and havent thought much about it at all.  I bet if I had this 1 week before, I wouldnt be like this and just let it heal.  

It has been 6 days since the worst of the sickness and pain. 

• Posted

Please keep the following things in mind:

You have recovered from your stomach bug

Your pulled stomach muscles will heal but it will take time

It has only been 1 week since your bug.  Your stomach will still feel delicate after vomiting.

Trying new foods will not make your sick (you have eaten new foods and not been sick)

Do not google your symptoms,  It will make your health anxiety worse.

This is logical, positive advice and it will help you to stop worrying if you   take it on board. If you continue to worry about foods making you sick, you will spoil your holiday.  Anxiety itself will also make you ill. Continue with distraction techniques such as walking and your computer games and anything else that you enjoy.  This will keep your mind busy on positive pursuits.

• Posted

I read online that after stomach virus you do feel full or your food is just sat there and that is normal as you have got to get the things that help break down your food a chance to recover. Eating fibre food and having probtics can help. But the main thing is its normal. 

We are going shopping tomorrow and i have a voucher for a breakfast so ill have that tomorrow. When i get back, ive got to post something so will wrap that up then walk and post that.  Also got one or two little bits to do. 

I think the other downside today is last night I had a terrible nights sleep, I wasnt tired at all and i could not get comfy so today (Tuesday) I have been feeling tired.

• Posted

Probably your anxiety put you off your sleep. Try some hot chocolate which is supposed to be a very relaxing drink before going to bed.
    • Posted

Ill try that tonight and have a bath as well.

Despite feeling tired, as soon as I turned my light off, wide awake, even though before that i was nodding off.

After having a stomach virus us it bormal to feel that your food is just sitting in your stomach?

• Posted

Hello

I had the big breakfast from Morrisons,  I enjoyed it. 

I was expecting something to happen, like pain BUT nothing did smile It has not been 2+hours since I ate it as well.

When I got to the drs tomorrow, I will tell her that eating some foods have been worrying me incase anything happens. 

Tonight I am going to have a cider or a beer.

Being positive, nothing will happen

• Posted

Now that you have eaten a variety of foods without incident, this should prove to you have nothing to fear about eating. Your doctor will also tell you the same thing. Once you break the vicious cycle of anxiety, you will feel better.
    • Posted

I don't know the answer to whether food siiting in your stomach after a virus is normal or not.  I have never had this symptom after a bug. But everyone is different.  Your digestion has been disturbed so anything is possible.  You will need to ask your doctor about that.

However, I would completely forget about your stomach bug. Try instead to focus on the fact that you are eating normally and eating new foods without incident. As I have said before, it takes time for your digestion to return to normal after vomiting. Your anxiety will not have helped your digestion either.  Worry can really upset your digestive tract.  Now that you are rid of your anxiety over food, your anxiety is mow focusing on something else. This is health anxiety.  Once again, occupy your mind with things you enjoy, to stop anxiety taking a hold of you again. Remember, your stomach bug is in the past.

Worry will not be helping your sleep pattern either.  Try to stop worrying and stressing and think positive thoughts.   Once you do this, you will really start to feel better both physically and mentally.

• Posted

Did help.

At the moment, i do feel a little bit hungry at the moment.  Most of the day i have felt like my food has just been sitting there, BUT, i read this is normally.  Still got a little pain, more on the right side.

Be having tea in about an hour. Got a few little bits to do on pc tonight so that will keep my mind busy.

It deffo helps to talk and get reassurance as well

• Posted

Feeling hungry means your stomach wants food so this means you have recovered from your bug. Don't worry about the stomach disturbance .  Stomach disturbance after a bug is normal.  Try not to google symptoms because it will make health anxiety much worse.  I fell into that trap too and it sent my anxiety through the roof.

• Posted

I dont normally get sick very often. Trying to think when i was "violently" sick and it must be years now. And then i have only started eating properly since sunday and before i was just eating just bland food, but will ask her

• Posted

Im trying not to,  i did yesterday and saw people saying that they have felt that there food was just staying in stomach. Which actually helped. 

• Posted

Since this reassures you, then you can relax.
    • Posted

I do feel a little better today

Just got a slight pain on the right side, but im going to the drs so she can check it out and reassure me.

• Posted

Yeah, i had a better nights sleep last night. I don't feel as full either, still s little painehere it has been for the past few days. 

It has been 1 week now since it was really bad.

• Posted

It does settle down. Ill tell doctor about that, today I dont feel as full again which is good.

Earlier felt like I had an itch but from within, just below my rib cage on the right side, itched it, went away and then came back, a little pan and then its been fine since. 

• Posted

I don't know what the itch was; Anyone can get itching for no apparent reason.   It doesn't seem connected to the stomach bug.  I would just forget about it.  Your doctor will reassure you about your pain.  Just leave it at that.

• Posted

Was just weird lol

Im going to have some dinner shortly and then wrap some stuff up, fix my jeans and then probably play my game for abit and then itll probably be time for the drs 

• Posted

Thank you, will do . 

Just having a Yakuly after Tuna Sandwich and a packet of crisps, worst thing is in 2-3gulps the Yakults gone smile

• Posted

A little bit of irritation from where the sharp pain was around a week ago but thats it after eating crisps, tuna sandwich and the Yakult. 
    • Posted

Its like I have trapped wind just below the rib cage in the centre
    • Posted

Hi

Just had dinner and got back from drs. She pressed my stomach area, quite a while i thought. Said there wasnt anything there, no lumps or bumps, Think she said nothing feels tender to touch.  She said it is probably a small bout of gastritis, stomach lining infection. Said to keep the tablets going for a few days and then drop down to one.

The other thing she said is to eat more bland foods, so no curries, greasy foods. And it should clear up, if it doesn't go back and see her.

So, to help me, i will not be having fish n chips from the chippy or pizza from dominos and no chicken tikka masala or pop.  These are the items we were planning on having some days. Texted my friend and told him if he wants them he can and ill have spaghetti or rice or something like that.

Is there any bland foods you could recommend 

• Posted

Gastritis trigger foods vary from person to person. Start a food diary to identify the foods that irritate your stomach and cut them out of your diet. it is difficult to pinpoint specific bland foods in case they are not suitable for you. To eat blandly, simply make sure the food is not fatty, spicy or rich. Typical triggers include chocolate, anything acidic like fruit juice/citrus fruits, and coffee.

• Posted

Said should heal up in a week or two. Put it down to the infection

Plan was to have (tea)

Chippy

Veg and something 

Chicken tikka masala and rice

Pizza

Tagliatelle 

Spag bol

Chippy

Now 

Spaghetti, poached egg or rice

Veg

Rice

Tagliatelle 

Spaghetti 

And just drink water

For breakfast probably just have a slice of plain toast or probably have an egg with it

For dinner will just have tuna sandwiches 

Will continue with yakult and probably get some activia yogurt.

At least I will save money on not having fast food or beer.

• Posted

Today, i havent had much pain at all. Still going to eat bland foods though.

Other than that, i could not sleep last night and ended up waking up with a headacherolleyes 

Going to go to bed early tonight

• Posted

Just had tea, had salad and a chicken piece. That meal was the first time I had an ache, a really dull ache. This was at the top of my stomach where the sharp pain was last wednesday
    • Posted

If you eat bland foods, that should heal the gastritis.
    • Posted

Veg

Rice

Tagliatelle 

Spaghetti 

And just drink water

What that be ok? 

Got wholemeal bread for me as well.

What can I have for breakfast? 

• Posted

Can gastritis be cured?

Doctor said after a few weeks it should be healed.

I dont smoke, i dont drink much alcohol and dont take ibuprofen or other tablets like that everyday.

Only thing is, the virus. Which can cause it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.