Help please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have experienced these "episodes" for the past year with the symptoms having stopped for a couple of months then recently resuming worse than before. 

Usually it starts out with a feeling of pressure throughout my entire head, then it goes to having uncontrolled blinking of my eyes and twitching of my face. I will experience stuttering or repeating words over and over. Then my head, trunk, arms and legs begin jerking. All throughout the episode I am aware of what is going on. I notice pain in my neck up at base of skull and a headache. These episodes last anywhere from five minutes to over an hour with my voice sometimes continuing to stutter for several hours at times.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tammy, 

I agree with the comment from cass93701. You need to see a doctor immediately. I have had my share of strange symptoms this past year. My doctor is working with me to address these problems. Some of them have neurological roots, others physical. It has given me peace of mind to have answers and get the proper treatment. Wishing you the best.

• Posted

My problem with with this drop in movement /paralysis did not start till after my injury about 15 mths later. Its annoying because it just happens more than 100 x a day. So to me it is possible and ijury can trigger it. Also lyrica gabapentin also might have something to do with it. Just have to find a very good compassionate dr....good luck ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.