Help! Please! :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, last year when showering I notice my right breast had a hard area, after I rubbed it it seemed to disappear. I thought nothing more of it until December 2017 I started to get the reflex feeling in my right breast. When it happen my breast would go hard for a while. I left it for a while until I decided to see my dr who said it was probably due to my pill and not to worry. She did examine me and nothing was found. Towards the end of January 2018, I started to get a aching pain that started below my right side collar bone and went into my breast. I felt my breast where the pain was and I found a lump. The lump feels like a tube, hard/rubbery and about 2-3cms long. I went to the dr who said come back in a week. Due to things happening I have only managed to go today. Dr said, yes there is something there, she doesn’t know what it is, it’s moving freely and isn’t attached to my skin. She has referred me under the 2 week rule. I am scared!! I’ve been crying lots. I don’t know what to do or think. When I google it only bad things come up!! I have no other breast changes. Can someone please help me? What could it be? Has anyone been through this? How did you cope?? Thank you in advance. 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    First, if you research this on the internet, everything is going to point to cancer. That's because there are a million pages devoted to cancer symptoms and information and not the more common benign issues. Cancer always comes up first because it's the most searched. 

    Second, this doesn't sound like cancer. Breast cancer is usually a hard lump that doesn't move and is painless. What you're describing is the opposite. It's rubbery, moves freely, and is causing you pain. It could be an inflamed lymph node or a benign cyst. But it doesn't sound like cancer. 

    However, your doctor needs to rule it out. So try not to freak out. Get the tests done. You'll feel much better when you find out it's not cancer. And when you stop worrying about it, it will probably go away.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Gem1384,   I'm surprised your doctor did not refer you to an oncologist.  The oncologist will examine the lump by doing a complete examination and a biopsy, etc. Then you will know if it's cancer or not.  Several months ago I felt a lump in my breast and went to the doctor, and she referred me to an oncologist.  I have breast cancer but it is in the very early stages and is easily curable.  I am getting treatment for it and the tumor is already shrinking.   

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi esther17920, thank you for taking the time to reply. Sorry to hear you have breast cancer.  I’m happy to hear it is in the early stages and can be treated, it is great to hear it is already shrinking.  My dr has referred me to the breast clinic, she said they will know what scans I will need and how urgently I will need them. She also said they might know more about what it could be as this is what they specialise in. I don’t know if it will just be the general breast clinic or the oncology breast clinic. I can’t stop worrying. I feel constantly sick. I’m trying not to google anything but I’m just trying to find anything that can tell me what it could be x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up