Help! Please! :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, 

I don’t suffer with headaches. However the past 4 weeks I have had a constant headache/migraine of varying pain. There’s is a constant dull ache in my temples and where my soft spot would be. When it gets bad it acts like a migraines and covers my forehead and eyes. No pain relief works. It is driving me insane!! My dr has been treating it as it is my sinuses. I suffer with my sinuses but never like this. So far I have tried : nasal spray (2 different ones), prescribed decongestant. The dr has started me on today a 7 day course of steroids. He has said I can have a scan if the steroids don’t work. He has looked up my nose and said my sinuses are swollen and inflamed. I am worried about this being something more than just my sinuses. What if it is a tumor? Has anyone suffered with anything similar? A headache non-stop for 4 weeks! No pain relief that works and I almost always feel sick now. Thank you in advance. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have had a headache non stop since May 2nd 2017. I was told it was incurable so I have to wait. I also suffered migraines which I am on medication for. I also suffered lack of sleep, get 1-2 hours a night. Does it affect your sleep?   It has helped me miss around 9 months of school, not good when choosing GCSE options! Good luck!
  • Posted

Sound like you're in a permanent migraine. Painful temples, headache and feeling sick all the time. I suffer with the same thing and all I can do is wait for it to pass. No medication gets rid of it and it just seems to go in its own time. Probably not what you want to hear, but it will lift eventually. Triptans are the only thing which can give temporary relief, but usually the migraine wins through

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.