Help please !

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am in a pickle on what to now do... ice had such bad few days with my anxiety going out the roof and having to take diazepam to help take the edge off i cant think straight. i went to an out of hours doctors yesterday because i felt so very low.. now she was adiment that i should ween off them as i should of felt good between weeks 2-4 and was so sure of it.. she thinks that my brain clearly doesnt want more seritonin? she told me to snap in half for 5 days then every other day. then stop. and to go on propranalol.

Now this is where it gets confusing.. MY doctors just called me and said that they disagree and to keep taking citalopram 20mg along side diazepam if needed to take the edge off... and that next thursday in due for a reveiw and if they think i need to change i can swap over straight away..

PLEASE does anyone have and thoughts regarding this... im so bad at the moment i never thought in a million years id be this bad and so scared.

so confused on whos side to take 😴😴

thankyou

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

take the advise of your original dc.thank god you have the diazapem.most folks dont have that luxury.best regards.

• Posted

Hi , yes I'm in total agreement with Lois, diazepam was a lifesaver for me ! stick it out with the citalopram as any chopping and changing will confuse your brain.

Dig deep and hang on in there and you will be rewarded !

• Posted

yes stick to your doctor who prescribed citalopram in the first place. Use diazapam as an emergency tool. It takes time for us to get used to citalopram.

If your Gp doesn't satisfy you ask to be referred to a psychiatrist.

You will feel better soon just try to ride the wave of this difficult period.

• Posted

I would agree with what others say. Stopping now would do much more harm than good. Diazepam will relax you, take the edge off the anxiety. The citalopram needs longer to work. After 6 weeks on Citalopram, my anxiety is subsiding.

Jill

• Posted

Hey James,

I know exactly where you are at with the anxiety. I've been in citalopram for 15 weeks and it's been a rough road. Things are much better but I still get days where I think I'm dying, losing grip on reality and in the darkest times I've been like yeah I cant do this anymore, so if you feel that way it's ok, it's not you, it's the anxiety. But it does start easing off. Citalopram heightened it to monumental levels at first and now its levelling out. It takes months to work fully but fortunately it bloody works. I've been on citalopram before and was panic attack free for 3 years. However I do think meds arent enough completely get self help books, anxiety management, cbt, meditation....or whatever works for you to learn what's going on for you, why and how to get a handle on it. Honestly when you get days you just cant deal always tell someone. Dont suffer alone dude.

I'm same as you wondering if citalopram is for me this time, should I change....but I'm gonna stick it out another month or 2. I managed to go away for a few days last weekend when I could barely leave the house for an hour so it's doing something good 😃 Like these cats said....go with your own gp, they know your history.

All the best dude.

SJ

• Posted

James,

Stick with it. It's too early to give up. The cit takes longer to adjust. You are very fortunate you have dizapam take it and chill out.

We all are with you. If it wasnt for this forum I'd be lost.

Keep us posted of how your are.

Will

• Posted

Hi James

I did private message you but don't think you've seen it yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.