help please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, i visited the ER lastbnight because i was experiencing really bad headaches. I went into a panick attack and was very scared at the hosputal. They did EKG, chest and head cat scan and the only thing wrong was that they found i had loe potassium (3.2), and gave my supplement tablets and also found a swollen lymph node in my chest. However, the doctor just told meto follow up with my doctor in regards to the swollen lymph. I am so scared that it can be some sort of cancer or anything bad. Has anyone in here has had any similae results. Im afraid and i dont know what to do!! Please help me

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

We get swollen lymph nodes all the time hunny and it is rarely serious. A mild infection, or a bump or anything can bring them up, you should see the ones in my armpit when I get a cold lol. So please don't worry. If they were that concerned they would have tested there and then. Go to your GP in a couple of weeks if it is still swollen and they can have a look xxxx

As for your headaches and feeling so unwell, the low potassium explains it so hopefully you will feel right as rain soon! xxx

• Posted

Thank youuuu for making me feel better again, you are the best. I will try not to worry about it and think positive
    • Posted

Any time my dear!!! I am glad you are feeling a bit better. xxx
  • Posted

Thaat swollen lymph node is probably nothing to worry about.  We get swollen nodes for lots of minor reasons.  A little fingernail fungus perhaps and a node gets swollen.  If you were are really are worried they can do some other tests but whenever you get tested for one thing there's always going to be some other anomaly that they'll find, and they mean nothing mostr of the time.
    • Posted

Yesss i understand, i am just really scared that it might be a cancer or some sort. The doctors did not look worried. They just told me to follow up. I have really bad anxiety ever since and i am so scared for something bad to happen to me. I dont know what to do anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.