Help please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I would really like some advice or to see if anybody suffers the same as I do, I was at work earlier and as soon as I started my shift I had blurred vision where it was if I was in a bubble and everything with blurry couldn't see out the corner of my eyes and I started to see lines everywhere I looked, I also suffer with pains in my chest where instantly think I'm having a heartattack I get a numbing feeling on the left arm into my armpit and back into my chest, I'm too scared to take tablets because I'm worried of the consequences of taking them and think something bad is going to happen I try talking to my partner, friends etc but they think I'm over reacting and it doesn't help and makes me feel worse, if anybody suffers the same as me please reply I feel so lonely being like this it's starting to take over my life and I'm worried it never end

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First off, I am so so sorry your family, friends and partner aren't helping or consoling you. I honestly can't imagine someone not being helpful whilst getting anxiety or feeling panicky.

Let me settle your mind and make you feel less alone by telling you that I have been too, recently getting the same feelings as you. I've been having panic attacks and thinking I'm getting a heart attack. I've been getting chest pains and feeling like my arm has gone numb, but that's mainly the anxiety fooling my mind into believing it's happening when it's not.

Bare in mind that I am 19years old, a healthy weight and diet, there is a very very very low chance that I could be getting a heart attack so I know it was JUST anxiety and irrational thinking.

If you're constantly worrying about these pains and heart attacks, know that 1. If it were a heart attack, it would have happened by now and 2. Go to the doctor to clear your mind.

I went and they checked me all over and everything was clear so I stopped getting so worried. Ive still been getting chest pains but the doctor told me it's just an inflammed chest.

As for the blurred vision, I am almost certain that's a panic/anxiety attack. I get like that when I'm about to panic.

It WILL go away. It will. But if you are concerned about the pains, settle your mind by going to the doctor and have them tell you you're healthy and well.

Remember chest pains occur from anxiety and so does breathing. I found reading up on anxiety symptoms calmed me down into knowing it was just anxiety, but try your best to avoid almost completely anything that may make you panic. Everytime I would research my chest pains, the first thing that came up was a heart attack, which obviously it wasn't.

I hope you feel a little better and don't feel so alone. I didn't know anyone who was getting anxiety over heart attacks but luckily my family was there to calm me down from the panic attack and let me know it was just anxiety.

I wish you the best - go see a doctor to put your mind at rest!

• Posted

Firstly thankyou for replying' yeah I'm going to go to the doctors and try and get it sorted because it's getting worse and worse I've had an ambulance come out to me and I've been in hospital for the same reasons I stated previously, and even the paramedic said he can see I'm anxious, but it's messing with my everyday living now

It's nice to know im not the only one it's nice to finally talk to someone who has the same problems as I do makes me feel better knowing I'm not crazy

• Posted

You  are on a forum that I can honestly say...every one of us understand where you are , and has had some or all of your symptoms. You are in the right place, Jane. Alyssia has given you excellent advice!! Hugs to you.
    • Posted

That's really good. I'm glad you've seen/going to see a doctor. I'm sure you're going to feel a lot better knowing that you've been checked and you're all fine. You can then focus on knowing that any feeling you're getting is JUST anxiety.

It affects us all everyday and we all get through it and so will you.

You will learn how to handle it and it always passes. It comes on strong sometimes and lasts for weeks but it won't lasts months, years or forever. It always passes. It may come back again but always passes!

Prehaps seeing a therapist may help as well! All the best smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.