Help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi every one, i am taking citaroplam 10mg from 2 weeks now, life is not like use to be, can not sleep much and my brain is thinking some stupid ideas like i am 36 years old in 14 years i will be 50 and after 60 i am going to die, filling like don't want to do much but i have to go to work i have 2 kids. Has any one been like this before and is this medication going to work?? Any one please

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Gentiani

Things will settle down after another couple of weeks , I started on 20mg & the first week was the worst of my life , I couldn't function at all. Things did settle down after 5 weeks but I haven't improved in the five weeks since but have been advised to persevere as it can take 6 months for significant recovery. Fingers crossed & try to be positive though it can be very tough .

• Posted

2 weeks gone now have to see and wait if any thing going to change, thank you for the support. Have nice day.
    • Posted

2 weeks is far too soon. It took me 7 weeks to start getting back to normal.
  • Posted

The 2nd and 3rd week on it were very hard for me too. I couldn't sleep, felt dizzy/fuzzy, couldn't focus. I'm on my 4th week now & I feel much more "normal". I can sleep regular hours, & feel relaxed but not groggy. I say, hang in there & don't give up! Everyone is different of course. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for the support, i am trying hard but its like brain doing the negative thinking, i wish they would go way and have a normal day maby i have to increase my dose to 20mg tomorrow i have an appointment with my gp.
  • Posted

It took me a couple of months to really say it was working for me at the optimum level. You have to let it work, it was probably 4 weeks before i noticed I was not as rattled and the panic attacks started to not be as frequent. Maybe you should talk to your Dr about a higher dose? I started on 10 for 3 days then went to 20 mg. Take a deep breath and remember its anxiety.. you can not die from a panic attack! I had to tell myself that probably 500 times until I beleived it! Took my Councellor saying it for me to think maybe he was right.  YOU will be okay, give it time!  
    • Posted

Thank you for support, i keep telling my self you are ok, but the good moments don't last long till the anxiety kiks in and the brain start overthinking things i dont want to think about it, i have an appointment with my gp tomorrow lets see whats he will say if a need a biger dose. Thanx again 🙂 Is nice to hear that word I WILL BE OK.

• Posted

Yes, Robin67880 is right. You WILL BE okay! I love the support from this group. It is so nice having people that understand exactly how I feel inside. We will all get through this. These feelings will pass.
    • Posted

Thank you reachel really is nice when we all talk about this and try to help each other. Have nice evening guys and WE WILL BE OK 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.