Help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone just joined this group of knowledgeable, experienced people!!!!

Question!!!! I have just been recently diagnosed with HS, Lucky me!!!! MS and HS!!!! Very cool lol. Anyway, I have just gotten a cyst or abscess on my knee!!! Last year it was the hand!!!! Anyone experience this? Or am I just weird!!!

It's the same pain, swelling, and cellulitis around the area!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't sound like HS. The cyst/abscess normally presents on the underarms, groin, breast or buttock area.

• Posted

Hi Libbybeans57,

First and for most I hope you are keeping as well as you can, I have suffered with HS for last 30yrs and although I have had many areas of my body affected I have never suffered one on my hands or knee, however I have been told they can appear anywhere on the body.

May I ask how long have you suffered MS, and what treatments you are on, as I have recently been diganoised with MS (approx 3 months ago) and my consultant and neurologist finding it a challenge to prescribe appropriate treatment for MS which will not eccelarate the HS. 

We love to hear how you are getting on and what yr consultant has said regarding your abscess/cyst on your knee.

Take care

Babymurph

• Posted

No, you'll not weird. HS is a horrible disease and very misunderstood. When I was diagnosed I had other problems as well, sometimes a cyst along with a rash would develop. Everybody is different and HS behaves differently in everyone.

I will say to educate yourself with all the knowledge you can. Try to get a doctor who really knows how to treat HS. This is a great site with wonderful people who who has the disease and can give ideas. Probably one of the most important things you can do is to control stress and get sleep. Also, beware of depression and your mental well being. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.