Help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was told 4weeks ago I have DD after a 10day hospital stay which 8 off them days I was isolated.... I now have a flare up the pain in the bottom off my stomach is awful i had diearrea about 4times today.... can anyone give me some advice please...thankyou

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have the same problem. The pain in lower stomach keeps

sending me to hospital.

The only thing that I can suggest is to go on a liquid diet only for a few days to give your bowel a rest , then gradually start having small portions of low residue foods. Google it.

If it keeps on see your doctor.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I agree I have permanent pain in my lower left side but when it gets worse I stick to liquids and phone my DR if the pain changes. Hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

Go on a liquid diet and don't eat anything. Judy lots of liquids even clear broth. If the diarrhea doesn't stop by tomorrow go to doctor or emergency room. Take care.

• Posted

I have been in your place for the last year.  1 hospital stay and several trips to the emergency room for pain killers and anti-boitics. I live in the US and most people on this site are from the UK.  UK and US doctors treat it differently.  After a number of very painful flare ups it has been very difficult.  The only relief I have found is to drink all liquids. When the pain goes away I try and start fiber including fiber drinks and supplements. I also, try and eat very small, very small, portions. There is much good advice in this blog but, I can't not live my life with eating puree foods everyday.  The US doctors are saying that I have been living with an intestinal infection for over 1 year and that it should be cut out or live the rest of your life in pain and, possible death from internal infections.  It is effecting my life, relationship with children, being in constant pain. I will be undergoing surgrey at the end of August.  If anyone else has gone thru this please let me know your results. Thank you and God Bless

• Posted

So sorry you are suffering it's awful when you don't know what to do In the UK the DRs treatment is antibiotics and soft diet until the infection as gone I was really ill at Christmas but didn't go to hospital the DR treated me at home I saw my gastroenterologist a few weeks ago and I am going for a sygmoyedoscopy just to look at the left side were I get all my pain. He told me they don't operate unless there is no other choice. If you look on this forum you will see posts of people in the US who have had surgery. Good look do let us know how you get on

• Posted

I believe you are making the right decision. Suffering as you are is not good. My doctor said basically the same thing. When it has changed the quality of your life you must take the steps to improve your life.

It's a difficult disease to deal with and I have been dealing with it for over 15 years.

Prayers for a successful surgery and health in the future.

• Posted

I went to the doctor he wanted me to go back to hospital but I said no....he give me antibiotics and more pain killers and done a blood test pain is not to bad today be I haven't been to the toilet since tues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.