HElp please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I can't take it anymore 6 months ago I had a c section with my daughter since I came out the hospital 3 days later I have been having chest pain it's in both sides comes and goes but it has been consistent the last 6 months I've had a dozen ecgs done no sign of a heart attack I'm only 23 my doctor is saying it's down to health anxiety but I find it hard to be retassured as it's everyday can anyone tell me if this is anxiety 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Are you having palpitations or any breathing problems?
    • Posted

Do you have any family history of pulmonary embolism or DVTs? Pregnant people can be more at risk. Do you have any breathing issues like taking in a deep breath or any electric shock shooting pains?
    • Posted

Yeah I get those pains I'm at the hospital now trying to find out what it is 

• Posted

Hang in there,  Jess. Ive been having them for ten years and now59 years old. So Im a little more at risk for something bad. At your age I doubt if its your heart. Id check my diet and how  and what position you sleep in. Ill keep you in my prayers and things will get better for you. God bless
    • Posted

It's horrible it's in both sides comes and goes all day and night it's getting worse the hospital done x ray and blood it was all normal I dunno what it could be it's freaking me out 

• Posted

Did they give you a D-dimer blood test to see how your blood is clotting? How is your breathing?
    • Posted

I get different symptoms everyday tonight it's feeling like there is something blocking me getting enough air 

• Posted

I think you need to get an appointment tomorrow with your doctor and insist on a D-dimer blood test, if you can’t get an appointment go to a&e. Are you on the pill? 

• Posted

Bless you! 

Having a C section is bad enough without the worry of chest pains AND having to look after your new baby as well!

I was in a similar position as you, had a C section which I was unprepared for and then suddenly developed spells of vertigo! I was so worried about being on my own or going out with my daughter that I became even more anxious! All the tests were negative so I was left realising that all that was left was a normal and natural anxiety from the C section and having a baby to care for!

It took a while for me to take hold of the vertigo and think about things more positively but I relaxed and eventually the vertigo vanished and my confidence returned.

It is always hard to trust that the tests are right!

Be mindful that it is worth trying to control your worry and see if your chest pains go away.

It worked for me so give it a go!

Bless you. Aneta xx

• Posted

My heart goes out to you...……………….. a big virtual hug!

You must be really fed up. I wonder if you have mentioned how you feel to your GP.

Your hormones might be all over the place following the birth. I wonder about postnatal depression.

A good trick is to sit down and write a list of what your "perfect" life would look like. Then take each point in turn and think about how you can achieve it. All in small steps!

Are you eating properly? Staying rehydrated? Sleeping enough? Going out with "tiddler" every day? Meeting up with family and friends? Having time to yourself every day? Accepting all the help offered?

You can become less anxious...…………………… in fact you're the only one who can control it.

See what your Health Visitor or your GP say.

I'm sending you relaxing vibes!

Aneta x

• Posted

Hey Jess,

I believe it's anxiety. The crazy thing about anxiety is it can manifest arty any time and anywhere in the body. our mind is a powerful thing and when we get anxiety for no logical reason we start thinkng the worse . i personally call it the what if disease! you have to convince yourself that its anxiety and anxiety doesn't have a explanation. I've had many bouts of long term chest pain. i did the same thing, went to the hospital and drs getting all these test done and they were all normal.

my advice to you is to stay busy. stop over thinking and worrying(i now its hard) focus on positive things. go outside get some sunshine, put your bare feet on the ground and deep breathe. take a warm bath and relax. tell your dr how you're feeling. there's lots of affective meds out there that can help. it may take several tries at different meds but give them time it will help. ask for help with the baby and chores. ????good luck honey i hope this helps you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.