Help Please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I have had a sharp pain under my left breast for about ten days. It is not all the time and it mostly hurts when i move in a certain position. Any ideas? thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Sounds like its intercostal muscle pain. The tiny muscles that are between each rib. They can sometimes get inflamed. Does it hurt when you breathe deeply or lift anything? You may have hurt them lifting something heavy or just moving awkwardly. Take Ibuprofen to ease the pain and inflammation and rest when you can If it doesnt get better within 2weeks or just gets a lot worse and you struggle to breathe then see your doctor/GP.

I suffered in agony like this just from pushing a child on a swing.

• Posted

it doesn't hurt when i breathe deeply. but when i press on to something in can feel it.

• Posted

I have something very similar. one day i started getting twinges or sharp pains here and there on my left breast and a few on my right. With this pandemic,i have been doing a lot of chores and some heavy lifting. it is not going away. i had ibuprofen for a couple of days but it didn't help. it doesn't worsen but is not going away. i had my annuals and she it kind of subsided then discuss this with the Dr when she gave me a breast exam. i emailed her later and she said it could be the ligaments. nothing more.

it's been a few months now. I'm now more worried than the pain itself.

phoebe611, is the pain in a fixed spot?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.