Help please advice needed

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just had my foot reconstructed; bunionectomy, hammertoe repair with pin, tendon transfer, and they took out the roots that cause ingrown toe nails. I am post op 12 hours and my foots burns with a pain that makes me nauseated. I am on norco 10 mg every four he: but since the nerve block wore off I am miserable. How long before the pain diminishes even just a little. I am icing and elevating. Please any advice is welcomed

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Molly

so sorry you are in that much pain

I had a similar surgery 10 weeks ago

I am in Australia and here the pain was controlled well with slow release Oxycontin (it is synthetic morphine) which I took every 12 hours for about two weeks

I still take two tables of Tramal at night but no pain meds during day

I wore normal shoes for the first time today. I lasted about two hours

it is a slow recovery but it does improve

I do think that you should ask your GP to help you to control the pain better.

• Posted

I agree there is no reason to be in pain call the doctors and they will prescribe more or different relief.
  • Posted

Hi Molly

I had scarf/ akins bunionectomy and 2 toes corrected with k wires in both on Thursday. I was told it took longer as there were some signs of arthritis in my bunion area. I would say that I am very fit in that for the last few years I have walked 11 miles a day at minimum 5 days a week even though I am 52. I read your words and it was as if you were me. I had zero aching until 12 hours and though I took all the tablets they gave me and have kept my foot above my heart all.the time there have been times I am swearing like a trooper whilst trying not to cry with the excruciating agony. I have broken a metatarsal before but it was nothing like this. So I completely get what you are saying. I am getting some respite but taking the dihydrocodeine they gave me a little more frequently than every 4 hours. I know that is bad, I was given antibiotics and anti clotting injections to give myself as I had the tourniquet on for over an hour. I would love to hear how you are doing. 3rd night tonight and I really am hoping it will be better than my last two. Really hope you are feeling in less discomfort. I am always told I have a really high discomfort threshold but this has been outrageous!!!! I hate my other half seeing me this way too..

Great Valentines day. All the best to you. Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy, I am not very good on the computer, plus I'm pretty well medicated so I apologize if this isn't too good an entry. After my miserable 2 nd night; my husband called the doctor. The surgeon allowed my husband to cut the pressure bandage, just a little. And then he started me on 2 Advil every 2 hrs alternating with the norco. I've bern so much better. The excruciating pain is gone, I still have burning a little; but the intense unrelenting pain is gone. I think it was the bandage being too tight. I hope and pray that you are better today. Hang in there: this is day 3 for me😊 and I'm feeling much better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.