Help please. Bartholin cyst or something else ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone. I've been going out of my mind and would really like some help.

I recently noticed a little lump near the opening of my vagina. The lump is the size of a pea. Started off sort of soft and yellowish looking. It looks like a cyst that would be in a mouth (I've googled endlessly) I've been to two doctors and three appointments. I've tried getting a gyncologist referral but was denied.

The first doctor said it was benign, asked if I have had surgery in the past (I haven't) and that it didn't look like anything to worry about.

The second doctor said the same and to come back in two weeks. So I did. She said when she first looked it was sort of soft and she said now that it is hard, like a wart. It doesn't look like a wart to me although I could be wrong.

She did a zapping on it and it looks as if it has gotten bigger since.

I don't know if she was wrong in diagnosing, if it's a cyst or a wart? I'm going crazy sad nothing is helping. I've tried baths & cloths.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same issue? What does a bartholin cyst look like when it is small? What should I do?

A thousand thank yous in advance to anyone who can help me. I don't know what to do anymore.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Get..."salve"......and it will pop.

It sounds like a bath cyst to me...especially if it is getting bigger and t hurts like h*ll...

• Posted

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

I will definitely look into it. I've also read that taking silica pills may help? I will check out the health store tomorrow morning.

It is painful if I walk around too much and it is red and sore in the surrounding area (looks like it's from the friction of the lump?)

It's upsetting that the doctors don't take it seriously and don't have an exact answer.

• Posted

I don't think taking any pills will help.  The spot needs direct heat...and a salve if you can find one in your local health store....look it up on line and see if they have it SALVE.

In the meantime..even thou you don't think it is working (SALT) is a great healing crystal....use SALT and warm face cloth...as warm as you can stand...it may start oozing by a.m.

• Posted

When I had a bartholins cyst it was a lump under the skin. There was no color to it. Mine was not infected though so, I cant speak to what an abcessed cyst looks like. The left side of my labia near the vaginal opening was swollen. It was uncomfortable to sit and walk. I never found a pill or anything else that worked. The doctor drained it twice and then I had surgey to remove the cyst and gland. Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.