help please breathless

Posted , 10 users are following.

can anyone help please

i have been breathless now since mid April with also a dreadful unproductive cough

i feel like i can't take a full breath in

last night i coughed so much i think i've pulled a muscle in my tummy

i have had my inhalers changed twice and been put on 3 times a week anti biotics

also furosomide as i had some fluid in my lungs

can any one help please as i feel i cant go on like this much longer i have no quality of life at all

i'm frightened of whats coming

i saw a respiratory consultant this week who says i have empysamia and bronchiactus in other words COPD

by the way a few details i'm 70 years old .....i take seratide inhaler and braltus inhaler and ventolin of course....my asthma was diagnosd when i was in my 40's........i have one third of my left lung missing from an op 25 years ago.....i smoked heavily till 25 years ago

any input would be gratefully recieved

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

While on lock-down I have been isolating and shielding since March due to my lung condition.

I take two inhalers and a nebuliser daily, but in the last few weeks have been getting more breathless to the point of alerting my local GP and other clinic resources.

Worrying times in this current world crisis and worrying in general to myself considering I live on my own and nobody else really wants to know.

I find that Salbutomol can sometimes relieve tightness and increase air volume. I have also been trying out things like Salin plus salt fans for assisting breathing during the night and air ionisers. These help some people but not all i have found.

If you can get private healthcare I would go with them to check yourself over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.