Help please detecting chromes when not in flare

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone iam just looking for a bit of advice really so August last year I started experiencing some really bad stomach pains which was originally more the left of the abdominal put the went to lower right it was like really really bad cramping I also was having bad hip and lower back pain. it wasnt till the October that other symtoms happened urgent calls to the toilet like with no warning just all of a sudden I need to go I was having a mixture of diareaha and constipation its litrally water or pebbles sometimes Id have the urge to go but dont go I cant even remember when my pains were triggered but how I remember it it was basically like bad food poisoning for a couple of days then just when I think iam starting to get better it happens again and again this went on till the end of December it was horrible I was even on anti sickness I was so flushed Dizzy sometimes I wasnt sick but felt sick I could barely stomach food by the end of Dec I was practically scared to eat I thought maybe a food diary would help if I was gluten intolerant or something but I couldnt find any food triggers i lost 2 stone from Sept to dec I have always had spotting on and off of blood when wiping and occasional mucus in stool but I always assumed its just Piles as iv always had purple lumps and sometimes they have little tiny open skin wombs really tiny cuts like but never been to doctors about that and during this time I was getting a lot of mouth ulcers I assumed because I was so run down and unwell I did go to doctors about this as one day I was just so Ill I couldnt look after my boy that day anyway I went to doctors and the did stool and blood test that showed inflammation in the gut and anemia and refered me to gastrology...so in Jan I felt a lot better still symtoms but no were near as what i experienced last year so between now and Jan my symtoms are mild and little flare ups when I have my pmt.So iv seen the gastrolgy and they said they think iv got chromes and sending me for Mri and coloposcopy which is in two weeks.Iam worried that if I did have chromes and wasnt in a flare like end of last year when having these tests would they even be able to diagnoise it would there be any evidence with just a 3 month flare iam just so worried of that happing last year again it was awful and you all are the best to get advice from.Also I suffer from GERD with a heitus hernia which iam waiting for a date for my surgery as it has been uncontrollable for years and no medications seemed to have tamed it.my grandma and aunt died of bowl cancer and my mum and aunt have ibs and my sister has celiac ..Any help or advice will be appreciated Thankyou for reading.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy, hi it could be crohn's or other conditions you mentioned.  I hope the test shows up what is causing your problems. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Stephaney thanks for taking time to read my post . And yes I hope we get down to the bottom of it would you know if it was Crohns and I only had a 3 month flare last year and not in flare now would it even get picked up on these tests ? Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.