help please dont know where to turn

Posted , 3 users are following.

hope some can help me i suffer from depression and was doing ok until 4 weeks agos. when had to see psychiatrist because the new tablets he had put me were making me ill and some others i had been on were causeing wieght gain anyway i explained everything to him and he still refused to to change them or reduced them so came out of there feeling noone was listening to me so decide to take me self off them i which i manage to do. i knew wouuld go down but didnt think it would be this bad cant see the point in anything anymore its been a long while since i felt this bad. i had another appointment with the psychiatrist this week and i explained everything the best i could as i find it hard talking to people any he just sat there shrugging he shoulders saying he doesnt know what to do which doesnt make me feel a whole lot better i even told him that my was effecting my pshchology appointments as we cant get anything done and all i got back from him was i dont know what you want me to do and shrugged his shoulders again and just kept on doing that with regards to my medication aswell until he just said one to shut me up still shrugging his shoulders i no w feel totally worthless and scared to start taking this new medication which imipramine i can out of that appointment feeling as if everything was my fault has anybody esle experienced anything like this and could advise what to do next dont know where to turn anymore feel like life not worth living anymore sorry for rambleing on :cry:

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi winnie.

I'm sorry that you're feeling low. Reading your post it seems to me like your psychiatrist is not being very helpful or supportive.

As you know some medication does take a little time to work and get used too.

It mite be worth going to see your G.P and asking for there advice on medication. It may be worth going back on medication that you were taking 4 weeks ago. Have you been refered to the local mental health team?

Just remember that depression is not your fault and life is worth living.

Try and make some me time for yourself.

You are not alone there are lots of us suffering from this awful illness.

If you feel like a rant then come back and have one.

Best wishes and keep going.

Madmouse

• Posted

hi winnie,

I no wot u goin through and wanted u 2 no u not on ya own.

Not abl 2 say much mor as not in a very good place myself.

Just wanted 2 respond 2 u and let uno there r others that will listen.

• Posted

hi madmouse and shadow thanks for replying

sorry only just replying but not having a good very good time at the moment i am under the psychiatrist for my depression but he making me feel like its my fault and i am to blame for it which has made things worse if they can get any worse so going to ask gp if i can see another psychiatrist as this is not the first some like this has happened and have also spoken to my psychologist about what happened and shes not very happy about it those are all that i see about my depression finding hard to talk anybody at the moment and the fight has all but gone

hope your both ok and thanks for your help

• Posted

Hi winnie

It's good that your psychologist is annoyed about your prat of a psychiatrist.

It mite be worth asking your G.P to refer you too your local mental health team.

I know that it's difficult but keep on fighting. I have had a naff day today, been feeling low and very tired.

Stick with it and keep in touch.

madmouse

• Posted

hi madmouse hope your ok? sorry not been on for a while as not doing to good. I am under the local mental health team that how i got referred to this pshchiatrist which is just making thing worse with his attitude so going to ask gp if she can refer me to another psychiatrist who is prepared to help me unlike this one who is more worried about his desinger suits will let u know how i get on and thanks for your help and hopr your ok
  • Posted

Hi winnie its not good wen uyour phyciatrist is a prat and i no that feelin well but i now have a different phycologist and iv been seein her 4 about 2 half years now and she is brillient and she has already asured me she is happy 2 stay with me 4 at least the next year or so wich is makin me feel a little more safe and reasured. I hope u can get in with some 1 u can feel at ease with good luck and take care.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.