Help please! Feeling really bad, don't know what to do!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (a fancy term for BPD) and Depression. I currently take 200mg Sertraline and 100mg Quetiapine am and 200mg Quetiapine pm for it, which has helped since my last hospitalisation in May last year. My main trouble now is I'm having problems with my neighbour in that he is very noisy and very often either keeps me awake or wakes me up with his noise or his visitors who come very late at night do, they even leave a great mess in the communal area of our block of flats. All of this has really got me down, so much to the point that I'm on the brink of a breakdown. It's all affecting my physical health as well as my mental health.  I'm dreaming of going to his flat and smashing his head in with a hammer (don't know if I actually would - can't say for sure), but I'm feeling suicidal and I have been known to attempt it in the past. I'm sure it's just the situation that's getting me down but really don't know what to do.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you in a communal set of flats ? If so could you have words with the company or administrator. is it connected to the hospital or a Social Team ?

If the person is effecting everyone peace is He not following the agreement not to be a nuscience to other tenants in the building ?

Can you not complain ?

BOB

• Posted

It is council, a few of us have complained and we have had environmental health out. They put sound recording equipment in my flat but somehow he knew it was there, I think someone tipped him off, probably someone from another block of flats in the street. He was really quiet while it was in, but now it's gone he's back to normal. 

• Posted

It seems you're on the right track just keep complaining. Get your own recording equipment

• Posted

Don't know if this was meant to be, but just about 40 minutes ago now, my neighbour and his girlfriend had a massive argument. I managed to get on video proof of the noise from my bedroom, including that it is after 11pm (in law, it needs to be between 11pm and 7am to be a statutory noise nuisance) by using my mobile phone.  I will take this to environmental health on Monday and see if they would be willing to put the sound equipment back in, they said they might if the noise continued. I actually feel slightly better, knowing I have a bit of something more substantial to go on.

• Posted

good luck terri-ann keep on at the council and tell them of your mental health condition it might spur them on to do something about the neighbours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.