Help please 😩 folliculitis??

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi! For the past two months ive had this terrible problem with the hair in my lower region. it is just in this one section. is it in fact folliculitis?? Sometimes it gets really itchy when the hair is growing in. please help!! what do i do??! image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

iv had the same problem for a long time, and mine was diagnosed as folliculitis.

when the spots breakout try a hot compress, and tea tree oil was a life saver for me, tea tree mixed with water to dialoot it after every shave.

absolutely don't squeeze or itch to hard

• Posted

shave with a beard trimmer for a while! and wash with QV or something similar!

tea tree oil will help you soooo much!

and then when you do start using a razor again make sure they are swapped out on the reg so theres no bacteria build up!

• Posted

Hi try taking oregano oil capsules. Depending how bad your folliculitis is, you can safely take up to 500mg a day but I would not suggest that you take more 150mg a day. The oregano oil to be taken orally and it comes in capsules.

You should start to see and improvement on your condition within a week. Within 3 months it will clear it up. You may have to take the oil for much longer depending on your condition. However, once it clears up you don't need to take every day but every two to three days. I was covered all over my head face and body by folliculitis and I tried everything including tea tree oil, only oregano oil worked. It was a happy coincidence that I found out that it would work when I started taking oregano oil for another condition I had. It has completely cleared of and now I only take the oil every two to three days. I have to continue to take the oil for the forcible future as a prevention because my condition was really but that doesn't mean you will have to.

• Edited

Kinda looks like Keratosis Pilaris. Are you using a clean razor? Water and soap? You could be irritating the follicles when shaving , then you hit the bumps from before causing irritation. Ingrown hairs. Are the bumps waxy like?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.