Help please from severe allergy sufferers

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am sending away a hair sample to test for food and environmental allergens in my house. I believe it's reaction to pet dander and dust mites. I have had cold and sometimes flu symptoms constant for months. I need to regularly take antibiotics as it often progresses to bronchitis. It's 2am and I'm up sneezing waiting for a tablet (demazin) to start to work so that I can try to get back to sleep. At 10pm I took 20ml of Benadryl mucus relief double action and 2 polarmine and used my Ventolin puffer.  Any suggestions of what treatment and medications have helped and what to use in the house would be greatly appreciated. Gwen

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you smoke?
    • Posted

Hi Ben, no I don't smoke. I had checked with the chemist re what I take. I'm going to the doctors again this morning, I don't want another bad night like last night or I'll take myself off to hospital. 

• Posted

I swear by Reactine (which is Ceitrizine, also marketed under the brand names Alatrol, Alerid, Alzene, Cetirin, Cetzine, Cezin, Histazine, Humex, Letizen, Reactine, Razene, Triz, Zetop, Zirtec, Zirtek, Zodac, Zyllergy, Zynor, Zyrlek, and Zyrtec among others).

I also have the Ventolin puffer and have a severe allergy to peanuts for which I carry an EpiPen.

I also like to use natural products and find oil of oregano to be very effective in combating bronchitis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.