Help... Please . ?? Hypochondric possible or OCd?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I keep thinking im going to start developing epilepsy out of nowwhere because i google it and it said It can develop at any age .. Does this mean i can get it . I Never had one and No family history . I started fearing this cause i seen it happen to my cousin which was due to his alcohlisim ... Give me some feedback please ..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It is very unlikely! Your cousin got it because of his/her drinking problem. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about smile
  • Posted

Hi David I am exactly the same! I have health anxiety and am convinced I have epilepsy even though I have never had a seizure! It's horrible my whole life revolves around it at the moment!
  • Posted

Hi David just know you are not alone health anxiety comes with all sorts of physical problems as well and emotional. I have been suffering for about 6 years but only in January this year was I diagnosed with health related anxiety. And I have this fear of heart attack/ disease. Get chest pains ect seen a few doctors been.checked over with the normal sorts of test and they keep telling me my heart is fine but I do not believe it at all. The thing is I may not have had a heart problem yesterday I.could have one tomorrow and that's the point it's the things we can not control.
  • Posted

You wont. They dont develop out of nowhere the person had signs they ignored.
  • Posted

Epilepsy is not the only illness that can develop at any age. There are a million other illnesses. You can't possibly have all of them. Start worrying after medical tests prove conclusively that you have it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.