help please i find i get more help from peoples answers to questions than docs or clinics

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been told i have end stage o/a knees which i knew but have had flares just lately to back legs aches/pains completely grounded at times So something new on rheumy report was physuedo/gout fibromayaliga and to top out multilevel spondulyisis you can see i was over the moon with this report more you goto hospital list gets longer fibro i thought i had it but also spondulyisis seems to fit the bill as well with some of probs i dont think its deadly but its sure getting to me and chuck in gastroperasis slow emptying of tum problems as well no hair to pull out no cat to kick wife well looks at me and puts her progs on saying it be ok tomos if anyone wants a chuck answering this lot just to see how you look at it be grateful thanks paul

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Pauluk60, I feel sorry for you I do indeed. Often osteoarthritis is very misunderstood. Its almost like people think, its just an old age thing, so get on with it. In 2009 a GP urged me to go for a knee replacement. He said in his experience everyone's concept of pain and discomfort differs wildly. He had patients with serious joint deformities who almost defied nature by still walking around. Others who were in agony even though the x-rays etc. didn't leap out at him as 'end' stage at all. His opinion shifted after one such 'malingerer' committed suicide. He believed in quality of life and where all else failed, sometimes drastic measures saved lives, not just hips and knees. At 60 I had a responsible fast paced job...but a lot was going on in life that caused a breakdown. I had another last year (& continuing) after cancer & 6 deaths in 9 mth. The cancer treatment decimated my OA esp knees and one hip...dint even know I had a hip issue till it suddenly became v.painful. My medical sitch is bad enough but isn't as bad as yours. How you are coping with Fybro on top I just do not know. What is often overlooked is the mental and emotional effects poor health can have on you and perhaps you may want to consider sitting your wife down and talking to her about it all and how you feel. I was 58 when hubby got cancer that killed him 4 yr later. It was a bolt out the blue. I took for granted we would retire together and live the free life we worked hard for. He should have retired last Friday but died 18 mth ago. I lost everything ...my job, my health, my home, my soulmate and others I love etc. The stuff you are dealing with will affect HER future too if she becomes your carer....do talk to her my friend. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.