Help please! Is this asthma??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I randomly got shortness of breath and anxiety. Ever since then, I have been getting strange breathing symptoms.

I have trouble getting a good breath in. I have to struggle and use a lot of energy to breathe in. The inhale only "works" at the end, and not always. I have been woken up from sleep with this feeling of not getting enough air. Cardio exercise has been very difficult to do, as I feel like I'm not getting enough air in. I have no cough, or chest tightness. But I have throat tightness. I don't have anxiety or stress at all in my life.

I tried two puffs of the blue inhaler today, and it did not really help.

The strange part is I thought asthma happens as attacks. But I have these symptoms of ALL day. The other strange thing is, my doc listened to my chest, and said it sounds very clear, and air is moving well.

Does this sound like asthma, or something else?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, as an asthma patient for over 10 yrs. this doesnt exactly sound like asthma. the key symptom of asthma is 'whistle like sound when u breathe in'.

And asthma is not only attacks. yes they do occur but asthma is a 24/7 kind of thing. u can have hard time breathing anytime. and when it gets really really worse, it is called asthma attack.

I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.