Help please, most pvcs ever

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there so I have been prone to pvcs for a few years now and I am sure that many of you who get them know how horrid it is. I am used to getting the odd one every day maybe or a few a day but for some reason about an hour ago they started and didn't stop for about an hour where every few minutes I felt one. I have never had such a large amount and then it just stopped as quick as it started, anyone got advice or similar experiance? I have had checks done and all ok

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have had the for 6 months straight, they went away. Since February I may have a day here and there that they come and go.. had all kinds of . Found nothing..no answers. So I don't worry about them anymore.. I stay busy and try to think positive by diverting my attention to something else..Wish I had more for you.. good luck

• Posted

It's good to hear someone with the same problem, but do you get runs like I do? Or are yours just single events? Or do they past half an hour?

• Posted

Every few minutes!?  I have times when they are every few seconds, right down to virtually continuous.  Of course there are big ones and little ones.  And doctors don't seem to care about any of them.  I need to find a doctor who *has* them, then maybe we can get a little more serious about them.

I know mine are worse when my BP gets high, and sometimes when I exercise too much.  FWIW.

• Posted

Have you tried to take your pulse when they happen?  I did and my heart rate was nearly 200. Also need to know if your heart rate is regular/irregular. Then you can give your GP a better picture of what happens to you. Also let them know how it makes you feel, are you dizzy/ lightheaded, do you feel as if you will faint or your legs too weak to hold you up? Keep a diary to see what the patterns are. Your GP should do ECG and you may also require to wear a monitor for a week or longer to catch an episode. Or, like me, you may find at some point it goes on and on and you need to attend A&E where ECG showed SVT with pulse >180 for 4 hours+, dropped blood pressure and was breathless. I was given a drug which helped heart rate go back to normal and I’m now awaiting ablation.

• Posted

I don't get dizzy or any other symtoms at all just a bit bloated and I burp a lot

• Posted

I had pvc for four months straight everday almost constantly. They just recently went away. Have you tried taking magnesium supplements.

• Posted

Hi Dominik, have had SVT  for over forty years and been on a Beta Blocker for thirty, it helped but still had the occasional episode, got much worse then last twelve months...Tried all the Vagal Nerve techniques but rarely worked, then happened to see a you tube clip of a consultant cardiologist who said it's very likely to be caused by magnesium deficiency so I started taking a Magnesium supplement which actually stopped them completely. I've been SVT free now for around four months. I'm amazed my doctor and the hospital I was under for this never mentioned or tested for it..Hope this may help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.