HELP PLEASE NERVE DAMAGE? 😐

Posted , 5 users are following.

In A Nutshell Right TKR 11 months Suffering "Nerve Damage" according to my Surgeon I have been re Xrayed and several blood tests Nothing Sinister! I'm in PAIN My Knee Burns and Sensation is Numbness as well as Stiffness Throbbing and Very Frustrating

I had other (left)TKR 13 years + and absolutely FINE I'm considering 2nd Opinion I'm in UK so I will pay "private" 😯 Any Advice would be greatly appreciated and Yes I have had pain meds etc galore😔

Thanks M

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

For nerve pain you need to ask about medication for nerve pain since from what I remember normal pain meds won't work.  I don't have nerve pain in my knee but I have a condition called trigeminal nerve pain which is in my face...life was hell until they figured out what it was and got me on a form of Gabapentin.  I am in the US so it might be called something different in the UK.  

• Posted

confused Thanks For Reply.....I have tried Gabapentin I gained 11lbs!! and couldnt cope with the weight gain eek

I am seeing *Pain Management* in June hmm not holding out much hope but I'm doing as My Surgeon has requested atm just VERY ANNOYED that Im One  the 20% of Patients that this can happen to neutral......

• Posted

Oh sorry for you but yes I think you should get a second opinion. I was thinking the same if things didn't improve within the next couple of months.

I have only recently started swimming (of a sort) and think this may be helping but I feel I have nerve damage which my consultant won't admit to which is causing the biggest problem, but reading your and others problems gives me some confidence and help. Also my foot gets so icy painfully cold and I resort to laying down with it on hot water bottle to warm up.  

I left off pain meds ages ago as afraid of feeling too high and possible fall due to trying to do too much whilst under the influence  lol! so just keep moaning and groaning and yelping out aloud when I'm shopping etc. Got passed caring about what folk think.

Best of luck Michy.

• Posted

Early December so not as long ago as you but long enough to wonder if it will improve at all. I don't fancy revision surgery or manipulation as so many people say it hasn't worked.

• Posted

I feel for you Might. I had tkr on left knee done in October of 2017. I also had a lot of pain and burning sensation and couldn't bend my knee. My surgeon did a manipulation in November of 2017. Still nothing, and caused more pain. Surgeon THEN did a revision on same knee in March of this year and still nothing. Just tons more pain. Finally, he sent me to pain clinic where they diagnosed me with CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome). It is it's own pandora' s box of problems. Research it a little bit and see if any applies to you. It can at least give you a heads up when you go to the pain clinic. Good luck to you!!

• Posted

Thanx So Much For The Information. . I have full movement hurts when weight bearing tho and depends on my daily activities 😯 I probably am suffering with CRPS

My Surgeon who at first was very "matter of fact" but as I have now seen him 3 times he seems to sympathise a little more 😯 he hasn't discharged me yet so let's see what pain management comes up with . . It's very frustrating considering my 1st TKR (other knee) 13 years ago was amazing 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.