Help please with how to reduce tramadol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I've been on tramadol every day for the past 5years. I've managed to reduce from 400mg per day to 200mg. It's not been easy as I've also been suffering from withdrawal symptoms of other meds I am taking for my disability.

I currently take 50mg of tramadol 4 times a day. It is a capsule so I cannot break it or cut in half.

As I have suffered with withdrawal quite bad and I struggle to cope with them along side my neurological condition I want to minimise the next reduction of symptoms as much as possible.

I am unsure if to:-

Option 1. Take 50mg 8.00am 12noon miss 5.00pm and take another at 10.00pm

Or

Option 2 divide the 3 tablets into 24hours so take them at 8.00am, 3.00pm, & 10.00pm

Or

Does anyone know if in the uk I can get any lower mg or liquid form tramadol? I cannot take anything else due to interaction of my other meds.

Desperate to get off this drug safely and with the least possible effects.

Any help and advice very much appreciated .

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Options as I see them.

1..pull capsule apart (quite easy) empty half Tramadol out, put capsule back together and take.The remaining Tramadol can be discarded or taken mixed with a liquid or wrapped in rice paper.

2.. pull apart as before 50/50 to each half capsule and seal off ends with wax. You now have two 25mg capsules.

3..if Your doctor won't or can't prescribe it, buy it in liquid form from some online unknown, dodgy dealer at inflated prices.

• Posted

Thanks Steve for advice. I tried yesterday to take apart the capsule and unfortunately due to my disability I had difficulties. So will look into the liquid tramodol .

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Guys,

Just a word of advice. In no way should you be messing around with this drug by splitting capsules or searching for it in liquid form, your moving into dangerous ground. Follow your doctors or pharmacists instructions; get back in touch with them, as I have already advised. Don't mess with drugs it's unsafe and takes lives...................................Ron.

• Posted

Hi Ron

Thanks for advice, yh I wouldn't do anything without silly. I'm going to be asking officially (doc) for liquid form. Would never consider anything other.

Thanks though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.