Help please with my sick note

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, totally at a loss what to do! Broken my ankle at work and ended up with a plate and pins. As l left the ward l asked for a sick note which was for 2wks. Dad took it in to work who sent it to the Head Office. Low and behold they haven't received it and won't pay me till l get a duplicate. The ward have told me to go to my Doctors! The Doctors said nothing to do with them and couldn't back date it anyway! My Surgeons Secretary has said he can't help. I'm banging my head on a brick wall! I'm on my own, can't move and now won't receive any money...l know it's only £90 but l need it to pay bills. I'm not one for shouting so getting nowhere! Any help appreciated x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you’ve had surgery in an NHS hospital  you’re gp is duty bound to backdate a sicknote ....ring them tomorrow and say you need one ASAP good luck xx
  • Posted

The GP can back date it, he or she will have the hospital discharge sheet showing date of admission and discharge, and can sign a sick note to cover the two weeks and ongoing if necessary. Go back to your GP 
  • Posted

Your gp should give you one and back date it you should have a dishcharge note off hospital he can work off
  • Posted

hi louise good luck with the sick note if you broke your ankle at work you maybe able too claim industrial injuries compensation which is extra money on top of your sick pay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.