help please x

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am currently being treated for fibromyalgia by my gp,they have prescribed tablets to help with the pain. I am a 30 year old single mum and am struggling at the mo.my mobility is bad as get really bad pain in my legs. Am i too young to use a stick and will it hekp with walking at all. Will i have pain everyday. As the last few months i have had pain in some area of my body everyday. I am eaiting to go to rheumatologist to get a formal diagnosis. Just want to honestly know what to expect with living with fibro. X

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Sar

I suggest that you give it a go and see. We all are so different that it really is a suck it and see situation. Does not matter what your age is or anything else, if you are having trouble walking you need to find a solution that works for you.

If you are limping then I suggest using two elbow crutches because limping is pretty well guaranteed to you doing bad things to your back and that can long term consequences for you.

Good luck, Richard

• Posted

If you need a cane or walker, by all means get one! If it's something you have to pay for out of pocket, I would suggest a thrift store or second hand shop-they often have them, gently used. Feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.