Help please - xenical - 3 days and no side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi help me please.

I'm on xenical for 3 days and no side effects or weight lose sad

I even ate something fatty today and no side effects!! Why are they not working for me?

I've at least 3 stone to loose.

Help me please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jackie,

I am having the same problem and I am about 3 weeks in, had a few side effects the first week but nothing now which is good I guess. But no weight loss, I have read and read but I still don't understand what I could be doing wrong as I am doing everything it says. 

Good Luck and I hope someone can answer you with some positive guide.

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I don't know either, will ring my doctor next week and get her view. I have gone through the dreaded menopause and I believe that's where my problem with weight gain is. I am 50 in October and 25 years married in June and really wanted to loose 3 stone. I'm really desperate this stage. Thank you

• Posted

Hiya jackie your body is only just getting used to the tablets, I only ever weigh every 2 weeks at home and every month with the nurse, the thing about these tablets is they work differently for everybody some people on her say they lost a stone in 4 weeks well I've been on them for just over 8 weeks and only lost 8lbs. To not have had side effects count yourself lucky they are not something you want haha, but if you think your still not losing maybe watch your carb intake as they is not much fat in them but they break down into sugar in the body and if not used turn into fat 😣 hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi Jackie,

I see you posted this a month ago, so you may not need help anymore but if you still are not seeing results you should consult a doctor.

Keep in mind that orlistat works by not allowing fat to be broken down and absorbed. Rather, an oil phase that includes triglycerides and cholesterol is excreted in feces.

So if you aren't seeing results it may be because fats aren't the cause of your weight issues. If this is the case then I strongly recommend talking to your doctor, among other things, they can suggest testing that may help determine the real cause.

I hope this helps!

• Posted

I started on Tuesday last week and l also haven't seen any results no side effects or weight loss yet l have decreased my calories by 1000 and exercised, running and cycling. Walking around 1000 steps a day! 👩🏼???As l am a nurse l am on my feet all day for sometimes 10-12 hours. My down fall was coke cola and crisps and l have even given these up! On water now instead 😂I am at wits end l need to lose this weight as l am 16.1 stones. BMI 40. Don't know what else l can do?🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.