Help pleaseeee:(

Posted , 41 users are following.

Ok so iv been suffering from health anxiety for a while now since September/October last year when I fount some lymph nodes up in my neck, I had the doctor check these which he said he wasn't worried about. After numerous times going back he finally referred me for bloods which all came back normal. I know everybody says to stay away from Google but I have been searching and all that comes up is lymphoma. The doctor is sending me for an ultrasound on these but not until May 2nd and further bloods may 6th this is so long away! Every ache/pain I feel like it's all cancer relatedsad

Can anxiety do this to me? I just keep feeling down and depressed about it. To the point where I'm having mood swings and taking it all out on my partner!

What I would like to know is if it was cancer would I have severe symptoms of this? I feel like I'm getting symptoms of cancer but would that be because iv read up on it I'm looking into it too much? I just need my mind to be put at rest. Thank you xx

2 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow y'all have the same situation as mine.

See out of no where I got anxiety attacks like for a week it was constant attacks all day and I felt so anxious I started having vomits and stuff. After I take mastication and help increase the sleep effected in positive and took out that constant anxiety Now I don't have that much of anxiety I feel normal and not down or suck no heart palpitations or dizzy but I was on Facebook where there was a story of a guy with Cancer and guess what from that freaking day I started thinking I have something serious every pain every little thing like I use to smoke like water pipe but now I have quit but I keep saying to my self I have lung Cancer and I have not much Time to Live!!!

I even searched for lung transplant process. But every day when I try to be happy or busy I to something and all sudden my thoughts changes and tells me you are gonna die that just kills my mood.

And every thing I look at looks pointless to me in my thoughts it says I am gonna die any way and etc.

yes social media or research makes it worse I found that out but sometimes I can't help it like it forces me to search about it.

If there is any tips any one here have for me please let me know I could use some help

• Posted

Hi kirsty like you i have an anxiety i always over think of something. Whenever i have a symptom i search it on google an that is my boggest mistake instead of finding a cure on my symptoms it make it worst just by over thinking, i feel like my glands swell all the time heartburn mucus stuck on throat. I was hopeless all i do everyday is think of having a cancer like i dont know what to do to my life. But since then a friend come to me and tell me his story he told me that he has a Gerd acid reflux he ask me what is my problem since, i told him everything and he tell me that im just overthinkig and tell me to stop it. He tell me to back to my old self, like go outside exercise and hang with them. And i think hes rights since that day i never encounter my symptoms again.

Sorry for my story if its so bad. I like to tell you many things but im just too bad at english.

And please stop overthinking we are young and YOLO have fun and dont be overstress of thinking.

The mind is the powerful thing in you, it can control you. Live your life to the fullest and dont over stress it smile

• Posted

Ur all tests are normal.u r absolutely fine..there is nothing but anxiety.only a fear in ur mind...listen..first of all plz stop searching internet about diseases because when we search about any disease we feel like we have this disease.these are all mis-perceptions.dont focus on ur health too much.keep urself busy..i studied psychology subject in graduation and whenever teacher gives us a lesson we assume that we have all diseases which we are studying..it was just a thought a perception,not a reality..i hope it will help u.i tried my best.God bless u
  • Posted

Hi kirsty I know this was 3 years ago I'm suffering from health aniexty very bad I have 4 kids between the ages 1 Thur 10 busy mom. I been very depressed because I feel like I'm dying your symptoms were similar to mine the left side ache and pains it's my left arm shoulder neck like I hit a nerve and left side of my under my boob above my rib I get a ach pain I'm so scared I have pancreas cancer. My husband is not very supportive he doesn't get how I think so negative I'm trying to help my lself but it's so hard to turn your mind off and the symptoms get worse. Pls communicate with me if you have helped yourself or felt the same way no one understands how it is to live like this.

• Posted

Hello, I have been experiencing the same as you! I'm on the younger side and cyberchondria has been ruining my life! I've been having aches and pains in my legs and arms. I'm really scared it is some type of cancer and it's killing me inside! I can't focus in school and at the end of the day cancer is still lingering in my mind. I research my symptoms which is most definitely a  horrible idea but I can't help it. I believe i have some type of cancer , maybe pancreatic? Although i research many things, I have stopped myself from researching pancreatic cancer because I know that it will only worry me more. I talked to my parents about my fear  of having cancer, I complain everyday and now they call me "the girl who cried wolf" I'm to scared to ask to go to the doctor for numerous reasons. 

1. Now it costs money to go to the doctor and we most definitely can not afford that right now

2. They will only get mad at me if it's nothing

My dad is a doctor and i complain to him a lot, he tells me that if I had cancer that I would know because of the symptoms and if i were to see a cancer patient that i would understand. I am still afraid because I haven't asked him about pancreatic cancer and i'm afraid that he will say all of the symptoms I have, and that would confirm I am very ill. I don't know what to do and cyberchondria is ruining my life, Please help me sad I would also like to know that if i had cancer would i be experience much more severe versions of these symptoms? My dad says it's just growing pains but i don't believe him.

• Posted

Hi! Every since I was about in middle school I always had a fear of choking it caused me horrible anxiety just recently i started to have the swollen lymph nodes (which I didn’t know at the time where swollen lymph nodes) so I freaked I googled it and it said I could’ve had throat cancer I’ve been stressing about it for awhile now about two weeks and they have gone down a bit but I’m still worried. I get anxiety all the time though and I’m glad I met people like me.smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.