Help pleeeassee

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have had a bad back for about 6 months now, 2 months ago I touched my back where it hurt then was In agony went to a&e where I had a mri to confirm I had a kidney stone. They said it was 4mm and was stuck in my urethra. The pain stopped after about 5 hours. Couple of weeks later my back ache came back had a ultra sound they could not see it. Went back the doctors still have blood in my urine this is about two months after being in a&e now and back ache is still here and urinating frequently? Can it still be stuck some where even though it was in my urethra two months ago? Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Verity

Since you are having the back ache again along with blood in the urine, this could mean that you have another

kidney stone. In my opinion, a CT Scan is better to view kidney stones.  I get stones a lot in both kidneys and the

CT Scan they run is on my abdomen, and pelvis.  On the other hand, you said that you are urinating frequently,

along with the blood in urine.  This also could be from an infection which would show up in the urine culture.

Until you can get a clear diagnosis, try using a heating pad, on warm to relieve some of the pain. Drink daily a mix of cranberry & lemon juice.  Hope you get answers soon.  Tell them you want a CT Scan and to also find out if you have an infection, which would require antibiotics.  Best Wishes to you.  Keep us posted.  

• Posted

Hi Thank you for getting back to me. Could I have another kidney stone in that short space of time? Surely it would of shown on the mri? The doctor has made a appointment with me to see the urologist but I have to wait a month. Bit out of my depth with all of this and worry it's something else. I will ask for a ch3 scan though thank you 😁

• Posted

It is possible to have another stone or stones.  As I mentioned, I have stones in both kidneys.  I have had them surgically removed as well as passing many, many stones.  This has been going on since March of 2016.

Stones come in all shapes, sizes, and colors too.  Some are smooth, and yet some are jagged, so even if it were a small stone, but was jagged, it could cut a little bit enough to irate the tissue to cause some bleeding and pain.

I noticed you said you would ask for a ch3 scan, I think it was a typo, it is a  CT Scan of the Abdomen and Pelvis

Glad to reply and if you have any other questions, I'm more than willing to help if I can.  Try not to worry as that never changes anything!  Stay positive!  Take Care

• Posted

Hi thanks a lot I will stay positive 😀 yes meant ct scan. I think the urology department will find the answer just a month to wait.

Wow only since 2016 and you have had many stones. Hope there is away of sorting it soon. Many thanks for your help much appreciated x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.