Help pls.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im in so much pain, my 'bump'  is so sore and itchy and stings like hell, im waiting for appt as hospital to come through but its not until at least march. Last night i had a salt bath and used nappy rash cream, its really hard and a funny colour i think its proably got fluid in it, i really want to stick a needle in it but too scared, i just want the pain to ease. I think its flared up and sore as it started itching so of course i scratched so i now tender, is there anything i can do or take? I need to go to the doctors in the morning to see if they can rush my appt through.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi cath

oh bless you hun, salt baths alone worked for me and advised by GP when i had a barholins cyst, mine was size of a walnut, Doc said two salt baths a day.

run water hot, dissolve a full mug of ordinary table salt, then top up bath with cold, to top of thigh depth, saltier the better, and as hot as you can tolerate, i enticed the salt water inside abit, near the cyst, and gently massged the cyst, i soaked for a little while in the water, the salt water must enter the area of cyst to work, after a few days it was gone, and never returned.

the heat of the water draws the fluid and the salt unclogs the blogged pore, the massage enables the fluid to escape,  it worked wonders for me .. Took a few days and two daily baths .. And abit of patience, dont know if you tried it.

jay x

• Posted

Hi Cath73367...

so sorry to hear your in such pain. I did go through this to and the pain is horrible, maybe you should go to the emergencyroom. I did,, the salt baths work, you just have to keep the water HOT!!!! I also put a lot of hot compress. I would boil the water so it stayed hot longer,  I did I this 3-4 times a day hot soaks 3-4 times as well. I had to get the word catheter put in me so far I've been ok.. But every now and then after sex I notice I might get a little sore. I do a few hot baths and I'm back to normal again. This is a hard thing to go through for any woman. Try to do hot soaks and compression and maybe some pain pills this will help some.. Good luck, stay positive as this can be a hard thing to go through..

• Posted

I know your pain!!! I just had my bartholin gland removed 2 wks ago. Suffered 3 yrs off and on with it. When mine was abscess I did a heating pad (40 mins to hr 4x a day) because I couldn't handle sitting. So laying in bed was more comfortable. Dr did tell me to message or manipulate the bump to encourage it breaking. It will break on it's own and drain NASTY stuff but that is good it is coming out. It usually took mine 4 days and I was miserable. Total relief when it drains! I wouldn't advice poking it with a needle. It's not just a boil. It's a gland and not on the surface of the skin. It is deeper and if the your gyno knows your symptoms I'm sure they would fit you in and possibly lance it in the office. I've had it done several times. Not pleasant but walk out with relief. I was told for pain to do 3 Tylenol evry 4hrs or ibuprofen. He has given me stronger meds when it has been really bad and he had to lance it. Give dr a call asap and make them see you. Good luck!
  • Posted

Thanks all, its only a small bump but enough to notice and as its been itching ive made it worse, ive now got nappy rash cream on sad. And had two salt baths which bloody stung like hell sad  im phoning gp tomorrow, it feels raw as does the skin around it where ive been digging to relieve the itch. Some people have recommended silica?? Does it work?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.