help plz ,, day 31 citalopram

Posted , 6 users are following.

so on friday wen so gp and he say if u wan we can stop citalopram , i dont think he knows much ,  my mood is like ocean 🌊 and still have moring anxiety , some people say it takes 6-8 weeks to work i really dont know . cbt therapy takes 3 months on nhs waiting list cant go private coz i cant afforded, plz help 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Ben you have come so far 31 days I would give it at least another 2 weeks. You have done the hard work, I think the first month is the hardest. Just manage it one day at a time and you will get through this ocean into still waters!! I have been taking 35 days and last week had a couple good days, couple not so good but no more anxiety in mornings that has only just stopped 
    • Posted

first thank you for replying and i will keep goin it huts me much more for my family to see me like this !! i m always scared i m not gone feel my self agin what if i go crazy or what if they dont work ....
    • Posted

Ben, stick with the tablets for 12 weeks before you make changes..
  • Posted

Hello, I would say stick with it for another 5 weeks. It's been 8 weeks for me, and I only noticed small improvements in the last week. I think you need to give each anti depressant at least 12 weeks, to see if they work. At 6 weeks I was ready to give up, and try another. Glad i didnt, as i would not know for sure whether its right for me. I'm not 100% cit is for me at this point, but I need to give it 12 weeks, to see. I think 6 to 8 weeks is too short for a recovery for most people. It's more like have you experienced any small improvements by that time. One person on here gave it 6 months, before they noticed improvements, and another 6 for recovery.

• Posted

I recovered in8months...I know seems long ..but thru out the eight months I felt all my side effects and symptoms diminishing... slowly but it happened..
    • Posted

i will tri keep and going today i feel bit out of space but i m trin to hang in there...
    • Posted

8 weeks in total. First 3 weeks 30mg, last 5 weeks on 40mg. Noticed small improvements a week ago. Prior to that, couldn't see improvements as such, although there were changes. First 4 weeks were highs and lows, that each lasted a few days. Then next 2 weeks I felt very flat, low and anxious. Now, i get mood swings, but tbey are much more shallow, and the lows happen around lunchtime, for a few hours. By early evening I feel quite good. I'm expecting more Improvements over next few weeks, possibly longer, as only 5 weeks on higher dose.

• Posted

I've just finished week 7 and like you I'm noticing small improvements, I'm not so tired in the evening.

• Posted

keep on using this medication as it will help you ,don't go cold turkey and stop as the redrawal symptoms  will be allot more than you will realize .I used citrolopram for many years and you have ups and downs.

• Posted

i will tri just never been like this this head medicine is gived me a shok,, scared 😧 

• Posted

If your feeling horrible don't suffered.. I know I keep saying ask your doctor for a low dose of a benzo..you can't get addicted if the doctor only prescribes it one time...but you will feel alot better especially for those start up effects

• Posted

he dosnt like give them out , he only give me 7 , i been so careful with them taking hafl of 2mg i have one last and i keep saving it wen it gets very bad... intrusive thoughts very bad 😞

• Posted

Usually folks that won't get another prescription for a benzo..turn to a prescribe sleeping pill..like ziplocone..it has calming effects if you take a half of your prescribed dosage..thats what I did before they approved my xanex..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.