help possible als/mnd really worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

It all started in October I did not feel well and got rushed and stayed in hospital for heart racing attacks and breathing problems due to what felt muscle spams in my throat I got checked for heart conditions and all came back good .

I was left with a real awful breathing problem that is like involatary breathes I was petrified my legs was like jelly everyday and I noticed when I was sat and bend down to pick something up my back shakes uncontrollable also my legs do this when I lift them (I used to be able to wrap them around my head) now can't get it half way up to shave them ! They shake uncontrollable my other leg shakes aswell even when that one is down and the other is up and my foot goes crazy like im moving my foot to dance but I'm. Not it does this on its own .

I was having muscle twitches and I can see them and feel many even when I smile my cheek twitches I have anxoety so by many was told the twitching is a anxiouse thing .

nobody understands my breathing problem.not even the doxtor but it feels like a hiccup in my breathing like my diagram is having muscle spams that stops me breathing my legs are crazy at the minute with spasms and twitching my neck does it a lot too .if I hold my hands out my fingers shake /move like im a alcoholic constant I thought I would ignore these symtoms and only told my doxtor about my breathing which could not find anything even hospitak was like it's anxiety .

so now for a week I'm unable to swallow saliva I can see my neck moving up and down like im swallowing but it gets stuck it's like when you forget to swallow but everytime I swallow I forget food is getting stuck where my Adams apple would be too .

I'm getting really scared that I have one of these things .

I had blood tests at hospital in October don't know what for they was fine had ecgs ect all good I'm really worried to the point how can I carry on like this ?

Does this sound like als/mnd I had only just started to ignore it and forget it I started getting on with life until now I can not swallow everybody thinks it's stress from greiving but really ? All these symtoms in googel come up with mnd/als and I know doctors miss it a lot aswell my minds running. With thoughts and worry if it does sound like it can you let me know so I can ask the doctor for aproiate tests because I'm going mad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steph,

Do they they think it's just panic attacks? as they can be awful.

My daughter will not eat out as she gets panic attacks, they are so scarey for her.

I try and calm her she carries peppemints for dry mouth and water.

Whatever is wrong I wish you well

Win xx

• Posted

Hello,

I'd be very reluctant to make a comment on what's causing all your problems as I've no medical qualifications.  If I were in your situation, I'd arrange to see a neurologist as soon as possible and let him/her carry out the necessary tests and checks to see what's going on.  It might be an idea to have a list of questions to bring to the neurologist of GP so that you cover every angle.  I find that when I go to see a doctor I forget what I wanted to ask him/her.  Lately I've taken to making out a list, making two copies of it, giving one to the doctor and keeping the other for myself.  That way, I can make sure all questions are answered.

Worrying about what MIGHT be wrong with you is only going to stress you out.  Better to get the answers to your questions and see what happens.

Take care

Paddy

• Posted

I agree with Paddy as we are not Doctors and Stress is bad for you.

Just see your Dr and say "please listen to me" but do not stress

Good luck Stephx xx

• Posted

Hi. Why not try printing off your post here and taking it to your doctor with you? When you go in just politely ask her/him to please read it as you find it hard to put into words what's on your mind. Then just sit quietly until they have read it and see what they say. Good luck and keep pushing for answers. It took me a year to get my spinal stenosis diagnosed. It was only when I saw a Neurologist that I started to get proper treatment and a diagnosis. Take care, Debbie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.