Help- possible STD? Maybe HIV or folliculitis? *pics included

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was sexually active back in May with one person, but I'm worried he may have had an STD. For a month or two now I've had bumps on my vagina which I played down to ingrown hairs. But recently I've seen bumps on my labia minora, which made me stress over the fact that I may have HIV or something that is dangerous. Also, the bumps have been oozing this yellow/brownish puss when I wipe. What would this be?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

1. Did you use protection ? 

Also, I can hardly see any bumps that look abnormal (I’m no doctor )

Your discharge picture isn’t that clear . Did you wipe before or after you used th bathroom ? Any odor?

• Posted

No, i didnt let him put it in but i let him rub it on my parts. Hes the first guy I’ve been with so i believed him when he said he got tested.

In the first picture that white stuff is from the bumps. And you can see the little indents from where the bumps had come off. And that discharge picture wasn’t taken near a time I used the bathroom, i just figured getting a picture would be helpful to show what the puss looked like. 

• Posted

I don’t think it’s an std. Never trust anyone if they tell you they are clean. Unless they actually show you the results.

Some STD’s can be tranmitted by genital to genital contact and fluids . Your vagina looks normal and your skin could be dry(flaky look in first picture )

Also, some discharge may look yellow on white things when in fact it may not be yellow. I thought my discharge was off ,but my doctor took a look and it was clear .

The best way to test for discharge is to use a glove and insert into your vagina and do a sweep.  Tissue paper don’t really help lol.

White , clear , off white , red (period )brown (old period blood) are normal discharge colors.

Yellow typically means infection. 

If you can’t wait to go to your doctor than use a vaginal PH test. If the paper changes colors than it means your PH is off .

My Pap smear was normal and PH was okay , no STD’s . 

When in doubt, see your doctor smile

• Posted

You get paperwork when you get tested? I thought they just called back if you had an STD.. and that’s a relief.. I thought those bumps were maybe HIV or something.. especially when there were little indents left when the bumps came off. 

Thank you! And I have an appointment Monday already so I was just going to ask her to test me then. 

• Posted

Regarding HIV risk, you stated: "No, i did't let him put it in but i let him rub it on my parts" - then your risk is so low of contracting HIV, that I would not be concerned personally. Without penetrative sex HIV risk in this situation is low. Just wanted to put your mind at ease for this.

Your situation does not look serious, but... if you are having abnormal discharge then you should go see a doctor as WhitWhit indicated below. Yellow would typically mean infection as well. 

• Posted

Thank you! And I wasn’t sure because my friend told me with skin to skin contact that you can contract certain STDs, and I was worried about getting an incurable disease. You two really did a lot to put my mind at ease, because I immediately jumped to the worst conclusions when I got bumps. 
    • Posted

Skin to skin contact can cause sexually transmitted infections such as Herpes and HPV, so yes - do be cautious. Your situation did not look like a Herpes infection and it would typically be quite painful - so I would not worry here. HPV would most commonly be recognized as warts. I did not see any evidence of HPV infection myself, but again - it would be good to see a doctor if you have concern. I am certainly not an expert.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.