help prickly pain in chest and arm

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have been fine today accept when I had a couple of negative thoughts but I pushed through them I took the dog on field and ran ect came home had tea and cleaned sitting down to rest I have had pins and needles /prickle pain in my left arm for about a hour on and off which just went to My chest / breasts I have aches in my back like shoulder blades and I feel really tensed up around there I have had a heavy bag on my shoulder all day but I'm so scared it's a heart attack or clot

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh no......breathe into it....close your eyes....I think its anxiety....know it is....but if you are really distressed then you must dial 111 get proper advice....the anxiety catches us out especially if we get a tad cocky .....it's a horrible thing...but you know that...well done for managing for so long....the more you worry then the worse it gets....tell it to go away....leave you alone ....bless you....let's know how you get on...J x
  • Posted

Hey hun hope your ok...today I got numbness on my face and prickly hands xx
  • Posted

Gosh this can be so uncomfy! See if you can stretch gently, massage your arm, chest and under arm on your ribs. As for thoughts bring yourself into a present moment and stop all the thinking about future or past, concentrait on a present moment and present perception, tell yourself what you are doing right now e.g. I am looking at my dog, my hands are resting on my laps, there is bird singing outside etc. if the anxiety leaves but you still feel discomfort then you need to visit a dr. I wish you lots strength and goodness! 
  • Posted

Thankyou all for your advice I have tried my best to tell it to go away it has finally gone away the only thing us now I have the worst belly pain like above my belly button and across it to the point I can hardly walk 😢 I don't have a clue what's going on its horrible though I massaged my shoulder which helped a little as when I touch it the skin is kind of sore too .

I hate this so much I can see me going into a panic over this pain though because I'm scared it is my heart causing stomach pains or a ulcer or something not nice at all my brain I on overload trying to self diagnoise 😔 xxx

• Posted

It can be a number of things, like constipation (I had it this way once and freaked out so much I had to go to emergency, they helped me) it can be irritated stomach from all the nervousness, it can simply be gas in the stomach pressing (those can make you feel really unwell, even think you are having problems with heart) it can be also coming from the back when the nerve is being pinched due to muscle tension. 

I also need to reassure myself many times you are not alone. There is a deeper fear that is behind dying, and that is the one that will set you free when you heal it, it is what awaits us after, will I be still there or will I stop being, how will it all feel, will I be scared or will I feel amazing. Just know that we did not originate from nothing, universe and this earth are just too remarkable and function in such an organized way.

Practice being in the moment, one day we will all go one way or another, and when time will come it will be nothing like we thought it would be, because brain can not grasp what is beyond it. You see when you live in fear all the beautiful precious moments pass, you are not living in now, you are living in your fears. Fight your thoughts, shout stop at them, and even stop your mind going to your pain. You can also try lying on the floor and say "it's okay take me, if I need to go I will, I am curious to see what is on the other side" I did this once and it did remarkable things, there was no fear after this for good while.

i hope you are doing better today?

• Posted

Thankyou dorsy I got reffered to hospital by out of hours as I'm not constipated and dip test came back clear and they was concerned it may be my appendix have told me now too look out for bleeding ect also they did a pregnancy test which was negative too I wanted to just get out of hospital not like me I was hoping I was pregnant so when they asked if I could be I was scared incase it was a bad sign but I'm glad I'm not as I would be worried even more if I was im going to take things easy I will try the laying on the floor and talking thing I do feel things like that help even if it's for a little while it's worth it 😊
  • Posted

Sorry if it sounds a little dramatic im still in panic mode
  • Posted

Hi All,

I have deleted the argumentative posts from this discussion. I did not read all of the comments nor am I interested in taking sides or who is "right or wrong". There are three main points from what I did see:

If you have any issues in the forums do not get involved in slanging matches but report the post(s) without replying.

If you are not interested in replying constructively ignore the discussion.

There is no need to start a new discussion every time you post or every other day especially if it is the same or similar comment(s). You can reply to your own threads if you have new questions/comments. Starting a new discussion every time will result in either other users not replying or causing issues like this.

Regards,

Alan

Emis Moderator

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.