HELP! Procto Glyvenol for my fissure after Hemorrhoidectomy!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

After having surgery on the 16th Dec and the worst BM pain ever in life for the next week and some I had bad diarrhea on the 26th, constipation on the 27th and near death this morning 28th. Another doctor told me to use Procto Glyvenol (suppository) and 1% Hydrocortisone UP MY BUM because the pain I explained that happened this morning sounded like an anal fissure (I had one in 2017 and it did feel like that pain all over again).

BUT I'm worried that the effects of the suppository is going to stop before my next BM. I took it at 11 am and my next one should be around 7 pm. But tomorrow morning as I wake up I want to take it around 7 am but when should I take it again? I am so scared that it stops working before my second dose.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.