Help put my mind at ease

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi new to this

I'm a 52 yr old female last week all of a sudden I had site left shoulder and a weird throb down my left arm felt heavy but passed just totally freaked me out

Since then I have been so anxious rapid heart , sweaty palms and feet, loss of appetite

Aside from the arm episode (which had not returned )I can't get this horrible feeling to go away

I take deep breaths and this helps and try to keep busy but I'm so tired !

I am wondering if I may be going thru the change and perhaps my harmones are out if wack

Seeing my family dr Monday

It freaks us woman out more I'm sure cause if you read on Internet (worse thing) suggests heart

I have battled anxiety and panic years ago and thought I beat it and now here we go again

Please does anyone else feel this way

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Sorry that is I felt sore left shoulder blade moved down my left arm
  • Posted

That happens to my mom a lot.. A lot. She's 48 and hitting menopause. She just lets it go and it passes. Most importantly though, has your heart ever been checked? That would be step number one, if they say it's fine than you're just having a panic attack (which are all common symptoms you're saying) from how scared you were the other day.. I'm surprised with your symptoms that they didn't want to see you immediately, although if you've recently been looked over I can see why. Just try and calm yourself. Deep breaths, maybe do some coloring or something to get your mind to relax

• Posted

Thanks a ton

I had similar happen last year had everything done even a CT scan and all normal

At that time also had a UTI which complicates things from the meds which I did not take well too

Honestly this is the worst feeling I hate it

Trying to take control but the waves of that anxious feeling comes and goes

I have had EKG's done In the past and all ok

But I will mention all this to my dr Monday when I go

Thanks for your reply it's always good to know your not the only one but at the same time don't wish this on anyone

• Posted

Hello amanda

It sounds like anxiety, if you feel it is the change, talk to your GP 

If not already I would talk to your GP and discuss your worries and He can send you along a treatment pathway to put your mind at rest

If you need any support we are around

BOB

• Posted

Thank you so much

It's so good to know your not alone and just hearing others story's def does help

Will be seeing Dr on Monday

• Posted

I will for sure

Still having on and off anxious feelings

👎🏻

Just trying to relax muscles

Darn shoulder muscle so tense

• Posted

Well my appointment got changed until Thursday

But my anxiety for the last few days has diminished

Still stiff back so went to chiropractor I explained my symptoms of the pain going down my left arm

He also took my BP which was 130/75 so all good ( he also just wanted to rule out angina )

I have such muscle tension and he got a few good cracks from my back

Still will bring up with my GP Thursday

But just wanted to touch base

Thanks to this amazing group I was able to calm myself down taking deep breaths and convincing my mind all was ok

The mind is so very powerful

• Posted

Hello Amanda well done I hope you get some form of relief with your neck and shoulder

Always around

BOB

• Posted

You said it,anxiety, and panic attacks. Terrible I know. Been there done that numerous times. I am 57,and have been on meds for 9yrs,and have been doing fine. I would not think about ever coming off. You should talk to your doc about a antidepressant,and hopefully you will feel better
  • Posted

I've had pains that go from my shoulder down to usually my 2 small fingers. Doesn't usually last long but it definitely scares me. I told my doctor and had EKG and blood work and they said I'm fine.

• Posted

Hello

I have tendon damage and have problems down my arm into my fingers.

If you are resting your arm in a bad place you could be causing problems with curculation. The best way to sort that is to wiggle your hands and fingers. The other thing to try is put your hand in blood warm water and steep the hand wriggling your fingers. That will increase the blood flow in your hand

BOB

• Posted

I will give that a try. Thanks. I used to think it was my heart but it does feel like nerves or something because it shoots down there and don't really have other symptoms with it.

• Posted

Sometimes if you hold your neck in a bad place you will have problems down th shoulder and arm.

Check your posture while sitting and keep your neck straight and arms resting on the arms of the chair.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.